Need help with dining plan

bgenew1

Original Poster
We are going on the Stay Play and Dine Plan in September and it will be our first time trying the dining plan. We generally do not eat table service meals, but did make reservations for 3 of our 6 nights. From what I have read on the internet, it seems we could use our table service credits for counter credits if we choose. But when speaking to the representative when making the reservation she said this was not true. Can someone clear this up for me? Thanks.

RonAnnArbor

You can NOT use your sit-down meal credits for counter credits. If that were true, then many more people might actually use the meal plan. You must use the table service credits for table service and the counter credits for counter service. In some instances, at some of the premier restaurants, you need to use two of your table service credits for the more expensive items. You can use as many of each as you have in any order and at any time that you want, but you can not interchange the service credits. (i.e. if you are there for 4 days, you get 4 counter services, 4 table services, and 4 snacks. YOu can use all your 4 counter service credits in one day if you want, 3 table services in one day if you want, and all 4 snacks in one day if you want) but you can not swap one type for another.

jesserin

bgenew1 said:
We are going on the Stay Play and Dine Plan in September and it will be our first time trying the dining plan. We generally do not eat table service meals, but did make reservations for 3 of our 6 nights. From what I have read on the internet, it seems we could use our table service credits for counter credits if we choose. But when speaking to the representative when making the reservation she said this was not true. Can someone clear this up for me? Thanks.

Here's a quick tip: to help use up your Table Service meals - try to do some character breakfasts... they require a table service but won't require all the crampness of scheduleing your trip all out... :) Just a thought...

It is true that you have to use the Table service for table service... sorry!

LaughingGravy

Some of the nicest table service meals are lunches in places others are dying to get into in the middle of the day, especially with the A/C.
We did that at least a couple of times and used counter services for dinner.

bgenew1

Original Poster
Thanks for the information. Now I guess I need to do some more planning to use up the rest of those table credits!

Maybe it has changed but when we used the DDP last summer the CM in POR told us that this can be done. If you have used all of your CS meals and you only have TS meals, a manger can authorize the CM to allow you to use the remaining TS credits for a CS meals.
It sounds plausible because Disney gains by giving you flexiblity, the TS credit used for a CS meal causes Disney to gain. A win for all.

postal03

Why would you want to waste your money. Table service meals run about $35 per adult. Enjoy diner at some nice restaurants instead of eating Hot Dogs and Hamburgers.

Senderella

postal03 said:
Why would you want to waste your money. Table service meals run about $35 per adult. Enjoy diner at some nice restaurants instead of eating Hot Dogs and Hamburgers.

I have to agree here. You have to eat.. might as well take advantage of the dining plan (you got the free plan right?) and try some new places. Most people will generally feel like eating twice a day while at WDW. All of that walking & burning up all of those calories. We like doing either TS for a semi-late breakfast (10ish so we're not super rushed and feel like we're waking up at the butt crack of dawn) and a CS whenever we get hungry later (early dinner usually) or a CS for breakfast/lunch (whenever we start feeling hungry) and a TS for dinner. We don't feel like food is pushed onto us. We get one good stick to your ribs meal a day and beyond that we eat when we feel hungry. Snacks are easy for us to use up. I go for the drinks and DH goes for his daily ice cream.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom