Need HELP! Genie mask/costume?

thebubster4

Original Poster
Hi all, I live in New Orleans, and I ride in a Mardi Gras parade named "The Krewe Of Aladdin". I am the Genie. Every year they make some lame costume, put me in a latex hood w/ a piece of hair on top of it, and paint my hood/face/hands blue. Well, the latex makes me sweat like a pig, which in turn makes the makeup/paint run, and by the end of the day I look kinda wierd. Sorry for rambling, but I love doing it I just wish I had a better costume/mask. That brings me to my point: I need your help in locating such items. I have searched YAHOO for links to costume stores, but nobody seems to have any Genie items. PLEASE HELP! If anyone out there can post a link where I may be able to find such items I would greatly appreciate it. Also, if anyone would be interested in riding, we ride exactly 10 days prior to Mardi Gras day, a Saturday. The cost is $195.00, and that includes your ride and your costume. Any items you wish to throw would be your responsibility to purchase in advance. I thank you in advance for any assistance you may give me. THEBUBSTER4:wave:

thebubster4

Original Poster
turkey leg boy

Um....

I thought Mardi Gras was over, since all of the New Orleans people went back home.

It is over turkey leg boy, but e start the planning for next years parades right after this years parade was over. C'mon man help me out here. If you read a little bit more of my post, you will read that "we ride 10 days PRIOR TO Mardi Gras". Which would mean that it is over this year, I'm trying to get a jump on next year.

TURKEY

Originally posted by thebubster4
turkey leg boy

Um....

I thought Mardi Gras was over, since all of the New Orleans people went back home.

It is over turkey leg boy, but e start the planning for next years parades right after this years parade was over. C'mon man help me out here. If you read a little bit more of my post, you will read that "we ride 10 days PRIOR TO Mardi Gras". Which would mean that it is over this year, I'm trying to get a jump on next year.

Just making sure.

I just thought it odd someone would come in advertising to ride in a parade that's a year away.

Glad you plan for that far out. I'm too much of a procrastinator to do that.

thebubster4

Original Poster
Originally posted by bsandersjr
First, sorry to hear you live in New Orleans. (I do too):D

but you ca do it eBAY!:lol:

Thanks for advice. I was beginning to think that out of the 1000's of members here that nobody could help. If anyone else has anything, please keep'um coming. By the way, I hate it here also. :hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom