Need a sturdy stroller for a big kid!

6laurac

This is a terrific post as my child is also heavy and tall for a 2 year old.

For Magikal-What stroller did you use for a child who only rides if the stroller sits up? We've tried City Mini, BOB Revolution and Mcclaren and none of them sit her up enough to be ride for more than a few minutes without wanting to get out.

Magikal

This is a terrific post as my child is also heavy and tall for a 2 year old.

For Magikal-What stroller did you use for a child who only rides if the stroller sits up? We've tried City Mini, BOB Revolution and Mcclaren and none of them sit her up enough to be ride for more than a few minutes without wanting to get out.
Hi, we used the MacLaren Volo. It DOES NOT recline and sits up at all times. Even though it is a stroller that accommodates big kids, it still has a 5 pt harness, too. There we're a couple times we did use it with the kids for safety reasons. We, too, would occasionally have a tired child riding ESP at the end of the day that would want to get out w/o notice & the worry of losing a tired & headstrong child in a crowd warranted the use of the 5 pt harness. But for the most part, once they actually WANT to sit, and trust me, they will want to sit!, it's easier for them to cope with the long, hot, & tiring days! We love our Volo & I searched 6 months for the right fit for our growing kids. It was hands down the best option out there. ESP for easy folding, carrying, & maneuving in crowds, shops & restaurants!
Hope this helps! Good luck!

EvilQueen-T

we did a disney rental with my 5 y/o niece and 8 y/o granddaughter. 5 y/o is about 50 lbs and 44 inches tall, 8 y/o is 60 lbs and 50 inches tall. we did a few days of single strollers and a few using a double. they each fit in both no problem. the biggest problem i found with using a double was if we wanted to split and do something different at parts of the day someone was without a stroller and that also meant without a place to hang extra bags etc...which we hadn't thought of ahead of time. a positive was of course the kids played/chatted and it only took one adult at a time to push the stroller.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom