National Treasure DHS Ride!

brucie

Original Poster
I was thinking the other day now with the 2nd National Treasure Movie a Hit and a third on the way I'm sure, what a great idea for a E ticket National Treasure Dark Ride, Something along the lines of a search for the hidden treasure coaster ride, possibly similar (but better and longer) to the Mummy at Universal Studios! I think this would be a perfect theme and would fit in perfectly at DHS!!! What do you all think!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Maybe if they could make it much like the Indy ride at DL or the Journey to the Center of the Earth Ride at Tokyo, it would be worth it.

I'd rather have the Indy ride from DL first though...hopefully they'll consider it with the new movie coming out soon.

PaisleyMF

Maybe they could use the area where Catastrophe Canyon is, maybe with some retro fitting and the use of MEV (Motion Enhanced Vehicles) like Dinosaur or Indi. This can actually be a great addition to the park.

imagineer boy

I loved the national treasure movies, but in all honesty, I can't really think of a good ride concept for it. Personally, I'd much rather see an Indiana Jones ride similar to the one in DL come here rather than a national treasure ride.

gatorcard83

I think a National Treasure coaster at DHS similar to the Mummy would be a great addition and very popular. As much as I hate to say this (since I know so many people at Backlot) I would support them putting a ride like this to replace Backlot, since that ride is all but dead since they gutted residential street for LMA. Overall adding a coaster similar to the Mummy along with Toy Story Mania, Rock'n Roller Coaster, and Tower of Terror would tremendously help DHS become a full day park and help the park live up to its potential.

primetime52

I loved the national treasure movies, but in all honesty, I can't really think of a good ride concept for it. Personally, I'd much rather see an Indiana Jones ride similar to the one in DL come here rather than a national treasure ride.

I don't know if I'm missing something here, but it seems like a ride concept for National Treasure could be very similar to a ride concept for Indiana Jones. I haven't seen the National Treasure sequel, but I've seen part 1 and it's an extremely similar concept to the Indy movies. I don't see why they would be able to come up with a ride concept for one and not the other.

donvincenzo

I think a National Treasure ride would be good. They have both done very well at the box office, and Book of Secrets set it up for a second sequel. I think a very interesting attraction could be made. It seems a lot of people didn't like the movies, but just take them for what they're worth. They're definitely not Oscar worthy, but quick and simple to follow, with an easy pay-off. I think of them like a James Patterson novel. Never a literary classic, but a quick, simple read that when taken for what it is, can be enjoyed. The movie was trashed by critics but made over $200 million in the U.S. alone, so it is obviously popular. This concept of a historical mystery with clues and secret societies and all that has been incredibly popular since The Da Vinci Code came out and the interest is clearly still there. I think this movie franchise can be turned into a very cool ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom