Narnia, 4-disc set?

DONALDisMYhero

Original Poster
I was just entering my Disney Movie Rewards code and browsing through that site. I noticed it under the Eligible Movies it said,
The Chronicles Of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe 4-Disc Set
Available: 12/12/2006
...does anyone have any info on this?

darthjohnny

I think I remember hearing about this. The movie itself will have a few minutes of extra scenes like a longer battle scene. It will come with extensive features as well. :)

DONALDisMYhero

Original Poster
And what about the rest of the chronicles? I heard rumors that they were to make all seven movies, but they started with the second book of the series?

pluto77

The four disc version has about 10 minutes of extra scenes in the movie from what I heard, one of the discs is the same as the 2nd disc in the collector's edition, there's one disc with a documentary on C.S. Lewis, and I think the 4th has more of the production, but I'm not really sure. On amazon it says there's a $10 mail in rebate if you already own the dvd, I don't know how that's going to work.

Also I'm assuming they started with lion, the witch, and the wardrobe because it really gives a better overall understanding of the series than the magicians nephew. The Magician's Nephew was written after LWW so it's more like a prequal really.

darthjohnny

Yeah there was a prequel to the Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe. I heard that with the future Narnia Chronicles, they are not going completely in order. For example, they didn't do the Magician's Nephew, and I'm not sure but, somebody told me that the new film, Prince Caspian, is not necessarily the next book in the series.

pluto77

Yeah there was a prequel to the Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe. I heard that with the future Narnia Chronicles, they are not going completely in order. For example, they didn't do the Magician's Nephew, and I'm not sure but, somebody told me that the new film, Prince Caspian, is not necessarily the next book in the series.
There not going in Chronological order. There's actually debate to what order you should read the books. The story of Magicians Nephew happened before the rest of the books, but in some ways you would appreciate it more if you read the lion, the witch, and the wardrobe first. I read the books in chronological order, I don't really care what order you read them, but some people debate about it.

Your right, Prince Caspian is I think the 4th book, but it's the next one with the Pevensie children, so they're probably making that one next so they can do it with the same kid actors before they get too old (and it kind of makes sense to continue the story of the Pevensie children, and then going back to the horse and his boy, rather than confusing the audience). Prince Caspian was also the 2nd book written, just FYI.

Now I hope that all made sense, :lol: I kind of typed this in a hurry because I'm on my way to class.

darthjohnny

There not going in Chronological order. There's actually debate to what order you should read the books. The story of Magicians Nephew happened before the rest of the books, but in some ways you would appreciate it more if you read the lion, the witch, and the wardrobe first. I read the books in chronological order, I don't really care what order you read them, but some people debate about it.

Your right, Prince Caspian is I think the 4th book, but it's the next one with the Pevensie children, so they're probably making that one next so they can do it with the same kid actors before they get too old (and it kind of makes sense to continue the story of the Pevensie children, and then going back to the horse and his boy, rather than confusing the audience). Prince Caspian was also the 2nd book written, just FYI.

Now I hope that all made sense, :lol: I kind of typed this in a hurry because I'm on my way to class.

I thought they were going out of order! Thanks for the info! I agree that it would make sense to continue with the story of the Pevensie children. They can keep the same characters. Maybe Disney doesn't intend to make all 7 if they don't all have the same characters. While I was watching the first DVD's special feature of the Narnia pop-up facts, it said the professor was the only one in all 7 books. (or was it Aslan?) :)

pluto77

I thought they were going out of order! Thanks for the info! I agree that it would make sense to continue with the story of the Pevensie children. They can keep the same characters. Maybe Disney doesn't intend to make all 7 if they don't all have the same characters. While I was watching the first DVD's special feature of the Narnia pop-up facts, it said the professor was the only one in all 7 books. (or was it Aslan?) :)
It was Aslan. ;) From what I've read Walden Media/Disney wants to make all 7 as long as they stay popular. Prince Caspain is coming in 2008, and Voyage of the Dawn Treader will be next

ms7479a

Actually, they are going in the order in which the books were published:

The Lion, The Witch And The Wardorbe (1950)
Prince Caspian (1951)
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (1952)
The Silver Chair (1953)
The Horse And His Boy (1954)
The Magicians Nephew (1955)
The Last Battle (1956)

However, chronologically, the books are in this order:

The Magicians Nephew
The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe
The Horse And His Boy
Prince Caspian: the return to Narnia
The Voyage Of The Dawn Treader
The Silver Chair
The Last Battle

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom