MYW package complaint

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
So I actually have a complaint as to how the MYW package is given out... So I have an annual pass. I'm taking a friend in June to Disney who does NOT have an annual pass. So I got her a MYW package staying at All-Star Music, with tickets and a dining plan.

I called Disney today to ask if they could just add me onto the hotel reservation, and they said no, because I got her a package. So I'm having to cancel the whole thing and wait for my refund, and then I have to buy the hotel, her tickets, and her dining separately.

You'd think they'd have a simple solution to just adding someone onto a hotel reservation that has one MYW package on it. It's not like the cost of the hotel changes with an additional person or anything. Very confused as to why this isn't just an easy fix.

ToTBellHop

So I actually have a complaint as to how the MYW package is given out... So I have an annual pass. I'm taking a friend in June to Disney who does NOT have an annual pass. So I got her a MYW package staying at All-Star Music, with tickets and a dining plan.

I called Disney today to ask if they could just add me onto the hotel reservation, and they said no, because I got her a package. So I'm having to cancel the whole thing and wait for my refund, and then I have to buy the hotel, her tickets, and her dining separately.

You'd think they'd have a simple solution to just adding someone onto a hotel reservation that has one MYW package on it. It's not like the cost of the hotel changes with an additional person or anything. Very confused as to why this isn't just an easy fix.
Packages are run independently of room reservations and have different rules. Packages include tickets. It seems silly, but you can’t mix and match. Similarly, I can’t book through DVC and take advantage of most discounts offered through disneyworld.com. It’s the nature of such a behemoth operation.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Your solution was actually much easier. You can add a person to a room at check in without adding them to the package.

As to why....It is a bit complicated.

A room only reservation is done directly with the resort. When you add tickets , dining, etc, you are technically buying products from what is on paper, other companies.

The Disney Travel company combines all of those separate purchases into one package and they have their own way of doing things based on 40 + years of doing this.

It might seem weird and inflexible, but there is a method to their madness.

Upvote 0
As a annual pass holder....could you have not reserved the room in your name with her on it ...added the pass holders dining plan and then just bought her tickets separately and linked them to your MDE account so you could make the fast passes for her? I do not know if this is possible but I would like to know myself.

Upvote 0

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
As a annual pass holder....could you have not reserved the room in your name with her on it ...added the pass holders dining plan and then just bought her tickets separately and linked them to your MDE account so you could make the fast passes for her? I do not know if this is possible but I would like to know myself.

I'm pretty sure you can. My specific thing was, for whatever reason, I had decided to just get her a MYW package to make it easy. But they couldn't just add me to the resort reservation. It was weird.

Your solution was actually much easier. You can add a person to a room at check in without adding them to the package.
Well shoot! I wish I had known that before the nice lady told me I had to cancel everything and do it all over again!

Upvote 0

Rob562

I'm pretty sure you can. My specific thing was, for whatever reason, I had decided to just get her a MYW package to make it easy. But they couldn't just add me to the resort reservation. It was weird.

A package is truly a "package". Everyone listed on the reservation must get the same entitlements (ticket days, ticket options, dining plan). Once you check into the package each item in the package can then be addressed individually. So if someone needs two more park days than the other, their individual ticket can then be upgraded. Additional people can be added to the room (as long as it doesn't go beyond the capacity of the room) after checkin, but they'd need their own tickets and would not have the dining plan.

If you want different things for different people up-front, you need to book each thing separately (room, tickets, etc). The one tricky part is the dining plan, since that must be booked as part of a package. If you have an AP and also want the dining plan, the posters above were on the right track. You can book a package designed specifically for AP holders that waives the ticket requirement, and it can include the dining plan if you desire. Anyone in the room that doesn't have an AP just has to buy their own ticket and link it.

-Rob

Upvote 0

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
A package is truly a "package". Everyone listed on the reservation must get the same entitlements (ticket days, ticket options, dining plan). Once you check into the package each item in the package can then be addressed individually. So if someone needs two more park days than the other, their individual ticket can then be upgraded. Additional people can be added to the room (as long as it doesn't go beyond the capacity of the room) after checkin, but they'd need their own tickets and would not have the dining plan.

If you want different things for different people up-front, you need to book each thing separately (room, tickets, etc). The one tricky part is the dining plan, since that must be booked as part of a package. If you have an AP and also want the dining plan, the posters above were on the right track. You can book a package designed specifically for AP holders that waives the ticket requirement, and it can include the dining plan if you desire. Anyone in the room that doesn't have an AP just has to buy their own ticket and link it.

-Rob

Alright, that makes sense! I, myself, am not getting the dining plan. So STILL confused as to why they couldn't just add me onto the hotel reservation over the phone? But it seems like if I had just waited for actual check in it would have been fine.

Upvote 0

HwdStudio

Still the same issue. They couldn’t add you to the hotel reservation over the phone because you would have had to purchase the exact same options as the rest of the party in that room/package.

Upvote 0

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Still the same issue. They couldn’t add you to the hotel reservation over the phone because you would have had to purchase the exact same options as the rest of the party in that room/package.
But they could have added me at check-in? Just seems a bit odd to me.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom