MYW non-expire tickets

riess424

Original Poster
My father purchased several 10 day non-expire tickets several years ago (post 2006) and he still has not used them. Do I have to go to Guest Relations to add these on to MDE or would I be able to do this myself ahead of time?

Also, if I use 5 days on my next visit how does it work to make sure I can use the other 5 days on the following trip?

hope my questions were clear and made sense.

Rob562

You can try to link the tickets to your MDE profiles now. Just go into the website, and on the Link Tickets page there should be additional options on how to enter tickets that don't use the current serial number format. Worst case scenario is the site will tell you you have to wait until you arrive. (It may also give you a number that you can call to try and link the tickets)

Unless you're staying on-site and will be getting MagicBands, if they pre-date the RFID tickets (which they most likely do), even if you get them linked to your MDE profile you will at least have to stop at Guest Relations to get an RFID card to use to access them.

As for the admissions, as long as you only use 5 days of the 10-day Non-Expiring ticket, the other 5 days will just sit on your account for later use.

-Rob

riess424

Original Poster
You can try to link the tickets to your MDE profiles now. Just go into the website, and on the Link Tickets page there should be additional options on how to enter tickets that don't use the current serial number format. Worst case scenario is the site will tell you you have to wait until you arrive. (It may also give you a number that you can call to try and link the tickets)

Unless you're staying on-site and will be getting MagicBands, if they pre-date the RFID tickets (which they most likely do), even if you get them linked to your MDE profile you will at least have to stop at Guest Relations to get an RFID card to use to access them.

As for the admissions, as long as you only use 5 days of the 10-day Non-Expiring ticket, the other 5 days will just sit on your account for later use.

-Rob
Correct these are at least 5-6 years old so not on RFID. So if I can link my tickets can I still make selections for fast pass and reservations before if get the RFID card? I don't mind stopping and getting RFID, I just want to be able to make my selections a head of time and not the day of going to the park

Rob562

Correct these are at least 5-6 years old so not on RFID. So if I can link my tickets can I still make selections for fast pass and reservations before if get the RFID card? I don't mind stopping and getting RFID, I just want to be able to make my selections a head of time and not the day of going to the park

To determine if they're RFID, look for the MyMagic+ icon on the back of the ticket, which is a small Mickey head inside a circle. If that icon is there, you probably won't have any trouble linking the ticket.

If you get the ticket linked in some fashion, you'll be able to make FP+ choices, even before you get the RFID card. You'll just need to get the card before you can actually *use* the ticket at the park.

Edit to add:
This is from the Link Tickets page on the MDE site:
"Is the purchase date printed on your ticket between 2007 and 2010, or is your ticket lacking an ID number? Add an Older Ticket
Is the purchase date printed on your ticket prior to 2007? Please call (407) 939-4357 for information on how you can use pre-2007 tickets."

-Rob

Last edited:

Clamman73

My father purchased several 10 day non-expire tickets several years ago (post 2006) and he still has not used them. Do I have to go to Guest Relations to add these on to MDE or would I be able to do this myself ahead of time?

Also, if I use 5 days on my next visit how does it work to make sure I can use the other 5 days on the following trip?

hope my questions were clear and made sense.
If there's an ID number on the ticket, you can enter that in MDE.

riess424

Original Poster
To determine if they're RFID, look for the MyMagic+ icon on the back of the ticket, which is a small Mickey head inside a circle. If that icon is there, you probably won't have any trouble linking the ticket.

If you get the ticket linked in some fashion, you'll be able to make FP+ choices, even before you get the RFID card. You'll just need to get the card before you can actually *use* the ticket at the park.

Edit to add:
This is from the Link Tickets page on the MDE site:
"Is the purchase date printed on your ticket between 2007 and 2010, or is your ticket lacking an ID number? Add an Older Ticket
Is the purchase date printed on your ticket prior to 2007? Please call (407) 939-4357 for information on how you can use pre-2007 tickets."

-Rob

this was perfect. I used the link on how to add an older ticket and worked like a charm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom