My Skyliner POV

Randomly Randy

Original Poster
Ok so I am new to the forum and no expert on Disney but 3 things about the skyliner

1. Its Awesome
2. Its Awesome
3. Its awesome

Ok seriously. Seems quick and efficient. There were long lines on Sunday but they went very fast. Temperature was ok. When moving the breeze was great (Was a little hot when stopped) and adds a great value to the resorts on the line. Check out my Video from Sunday. (help me out and subscribe on youtube!)

AndyS2992

I was really excited for these but watched a full real time video of someone else travelling from Pop to Epcot earlier and it seemingly took forever. Waiting in the queue at Pop for ten minutes, getting off at Caribbean Beach, queue again for the Epcot line which took another twenty minutes and then it goes through the Riviera resort slowing down there and then it finally travels to the back of Epcot. Took like 50 minutes in total. And then they walked all the way over to Test Track. Would have been a hell of a lot quicker to just take the bus.

Randomly Randy

Original Poster
I was really excited for these but watched a full real time video of someone else travelling from Pop to Epcot earlier and it seemingly took forever. Waiting in the queue at Pop for ten minutes, getting off at Caribbean Beach, queue again for the Epcot line which took another twenty minutes and then it goes through the Riviera resort slowing down there and then it finally travels to the back of Epcot. Took like 50 minutes in total. Would be quicker to just take the bus.

The lines were a little long (length not time wise) when I did it but honestly it seemed like a lot of people were doing exactly what I was doing. Just getting on to get on and not actually using them to travel. Even the long line I waited in at the studios was no where near 20 minutes. When I was going from Pop to The studios I walked right on and didn't wait at all.

Goofyernmost

It's new and many are riding it for fun and not for function. After the novelty wears off there should only be two times a day when it is busy Light busy in the morning because not everyone from the resorts are going to be going to Epcot or DHS (there are two other parks to visit) and heaviest at closing of DHS and/or Epcot.

Randomly Randy

Original Poster
It's new and many are riding it for fun and not for function. After the novelty wears off there should only be two times a day when it is busy Light busy in the morning because not everyone from the resorts are going to be going to Epcot or DHS (there are two other parks to visit) and heaviest at closing of DHS and/or Epcot.

Fully Agree.

eliza61nyc

that will definitely be us, just riding it to check it out. thanks OP, cool video

Raineman

How does the Skyliner directly compare to the buses at peak times from the same two points, if you consider the total time as the time from arriving at the departure station to departing the arrival station? From my experience on the buses, it can seem as if the wait time is longer than actual travel time.

Randomly Randy

Original Poster
How does the Skyliner directly compare to the buses at peak times from the same two points, if you consider the total time as the time from arriving at the departure station to departing the arrival station? From my experience on the buses, it can seem as if the wait time is longer than actual travel time.
I am interested in that as well. Curious what it would be like after Epcot Closing time. Also I see there was a little incident this morning. I Heard everyone is ok but they had to evacuate with rescue teams.

graphite1326

OK one thing. I didn't like the skyliner when it was at MK because you could kinda see some behind the scenes stuff and I didn't want to take away any magic. Kinda silly I know, but I don't want to see the Park's parking lots and trash out back.

One other thing. Where can I find a map of this skyliner?

Randomly Randy

Original Poster
OK one thing. I didn't like the skyliner when it was at MK because you could kinda see some behind the scenes stuff and I didn't want to take away any magic. Kinda silly I know, but I don't want to see the Park's parking lots and trash out back.

Found this with a quick Google Search

0819-skyliner-official-map.jpg

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No

The behind the scenes stuff was Ratatouille being built in Epcot World Showcase France pavilion. I think WDW will be more mindful of layouts and views from the Skyliner as time goes forward, especially garbage areas and such. They're always changing stuff around and as they do, they'll consider the ariel view too. I mean aerial :D

Last edited:

DisneyJoe

So where the red Mickeys are is where you have to transfer, correct?
Going from Pop to Epcot would require two transfers.
I believe at Riviera you don't need to transfer, you can just stay on board if you are traveling through. Caribbean Beach is a must transfer location.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Caribbean Beach is the central hub with 3 arms, one each going to Epcot, HS, and Pop/AoA. When going from one of these arms to another, we'll need to transfer at Caribbean Beach.
The arm for Epcot has Riviera station. No need to get off here if we're continuing to Epcot.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Am I missing something?
Is this forum suddenly a stepping stone for new youtubers?
I myself have a channel with Disney content but I don't advertise it on here or leave links to my videos.
I didn't even think the forum would appreciate that.

Randomly Randy

Original Poster
The behind the scenes stuff was Ratatouille being built in Epcot World Showcase France pavilion. I think WDW will be more mindful of layouts and views from the Skyliner as time goes forward, especially garbage areas and such. They're always changing stuff around and as they do, they'll consider the ariel view too. I mean aerial :D

I liked seeing the Ratatouille Construction it was a pleasant surprise. I will agree that I wouldn't want to see the parks trash but as you said they will be mindful of "ariel" views now so I dont beleive graphite1326 needs to worry about that.

Caribbean Beach is the central hub with 3 arms, one each going to Epcot, HS, and Pop/AoA. When going from one of these arms to another, we'll need to transfer at Caribbean Beach.
The arm for Epcot has Riviera station. No need to get off here if we're continuing to Epcot.

Perfect explanation!!!

Am I missing something?
Is this forum suddenly a stepping stone for new youtubers?
I myself have a channel with Disney content but I don't advertise it on here or leave links to my videos.
I didn't even think the forum would appreciate that.

Im not sure why your worried about leaving links to videos. (I could understand if it was a constant spamming.) This was something I thought was neat that I got to experience If you don't want to watch the video then don't click the link :)

PS
Queen of the WDW Screne What is your channel. Would love to check out some of your Disney Stuff!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom