My next trip is way too far away and I am going nuts!

Jessica Meier

I have to wait until December 2015 for our next trip to the bubble. Insert sobs here. It seems like forever to wait. We just got back in September and since then I have changed my mind on hotels four or five times now. Sigh. I am now thinking about renting points in Jambo house at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Sell me on this. Show me pictures, tell me AMAZING stories of your stays. Entice me with food.

wendysue

I thought waiting until Nov. of this year would be bad, but after the winter we have had, I don't know if I could stand to wait until 2015!! Hang in there... I have not stayed at Animal Kingdom, but have visited there on a couple of our trips to just check it out. Had to wait quite awhile for the bus to come back both times, but it looked like an interesting place.

Upvote 0

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
This winter has been a doozie for us. A suicide attempt and death in our immediate families and the craziest weather and worst winter in awhile for stomach bugs and sickness in general. Just beyond anything I am used to handling. Thankfully we are getting a way for a long weekend at the end of this month. Going to Gatlinburg so should be relaxing.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

I was hoping for some words of wisdom from my pal. ;) I couldn't remember if you guys stayed in the main building or in Kidani. Thoughts on quick service. Relaxation opportunities.

We were in Jambo, but we walked over to Kidani a couple of times to eat at Sanaa. We ate at the Mara twice...decent options. The Allears menu is a tad different from when we were there, but still decent. We lucked out by getting a Savannah view (actually included as Disney provided options under possible room requests when we did online check in)...so the balcony view was really nice and relaxing. We also enjoyed the pool and it was nice walking around the grounds both at Jambo and Kidani. The lobby also has a number of nice places to relax, there was a spot outside for marshmallows in the evening and while we didn't get to enjoy it...the lounge looked really good.

Upvote 0

coachwnh

In the Parks
Yes
We love AKL. Always stay at Jambo House. Nothing beats seeing the animals from your deck any time of the day! We are spending part of our day there is summer. Our favorite sit down is Sanaa on the Kidani side. Love the bar and the view! There are plenty of activities to do at the lodge itself. They have free cookie decorating weekdays in Boma (although this past summer we did it in Jiko). There are goggles for night viewing. They also have other kids activities in the lobby daily. Just ask when you check in for the info. There is also an observation deck behind the pool area and there is never anyone there but us when we check it out. There are CMs there to talk about the animals. Ill post a few picks later.

Upvote 0

Disnee4Me

I have to wait until December 2015 for our next trip to the bubble. Insert sobs here. It seems like forever to wait. We just got back in September and since then I have changed my mind on hotels four or five times now. Sigh. I am now thinking about renting points in Jambo house at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Sell me on this. Show me pictures, tell me AMAZING stories of your stays. Entice me with food.
Our last trip was December 2009, was suppose to be this December (my DH ended up @ NYU Medical Center for brain aneurysm surgery), have over $5000 in medical bills to pay off, so December 2014 is out of the question, so we'll be going December 2015 as well. But the good thing is, I'm earning Disney $$$s paying off those medical bills on a monthly basis:greedy: so it may actually be a pretty close to free trip.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom