My new home

Magic Maker

Original Poster
Well I have not been officially approved for the apartment, but I do not see it being a problem.
Here's a pic of my potential new home. Does it remind you of anything???
4017pic3.jpg

Magic Maker

Original Poster
I know isn't it cool.
That is my new apartment complex, hopefully. I would be devestated if I did not get it. But it is about 10- 15 min. from WDW. I am literally going to theme my apartment as the Grand. I stayed there on Friday and I took pictures of everything.

Woody13

dflye said:
That is a pretty neat looking GF-like community building. Hope you get approved and can move in soon!
Yes, it looks good from the outside. However the St. Andrews Apartments wouldn't be my first choice in that price range.

dflye

Woody13 said:
Yes, it looks good from the outside. However the St. Andrews Apartments wouldn't be my first choice in that price range.
Well, that is why there are so many different types of apartments out there in any given price range or location.

Every person has wildly different criteria when apartment hunting, and apparently this complex is the top choice for Magic Maker.

What specifically are the cons of this apartment complex that would potentialy make Magic Maker run screaming from the place? "Floaters" in the pool? Non-cinder block construction?

Woody13

dflye said:
What specifically are the cons of this apartment complex that would potentialy make Magic Maker run screaming from the place? "Floaters" in the pool? Non-cinder block construction?
The apartments are not well maintained. I would not desire to live with the tenant population. The rent is low based upon comparable apartments. I started out in places worse, but I had a gun too.

There are better choices, unless they are all full with hurricane refugees.

dflye

Woody13 said:
The apartments are not well maintained. I would not desire to live with the tenant population. The rent is low based upon comparable apartments. I started out in places worse, but I had a gun too.
Heh, sounds like one of the first aparments I lived in after dropping out of college in Seattle. Public housing complexes on two sides, roaches everywhere (even coming out of the walls in the shower! :hurl: ), drug dealers blatantly selling their wares out of the upstairs window over the convenience store next door. Just the usual inner city fun! :lol:

What is scary now, to me that seemed like an improvement, as at least I didn't have to share my space (or roaches) with anyone!

Woody13

dflye said:
Heh, sounds like one of the first aparments I lived in after dropping out of college in Seattle. Public housing complexes on two sides, roaches everywhere (even coming out of the walls in the shower! :hurl: ), drug dealers blatantly selling their wares out of the upstairs window over the convenience store next door. Just the usual inner city fun! :lol:

What is scary now, to me that seemed like an improvement, as at least I didn't have to share my space (or roaches) with anyone!
Indeed. That's why I stated that it's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. Lord, I hated apartment living! I did that routine for many years but I found some good ones too.

When I was young and looking for my first apartment, I got on the phone and called. Everyone told me the same thing...no vacancy. I mentioned this to a friend of mine and told him I couldn't find an apartment. He told me the truth.

He said, "Woody, you have to go there in person. They don't want to rent to undesirables." Well, I'll leave the definition of undesirables to your imagination. However, I learned very quickly that my friend was right. I walked into an apartment complex that had told me no on the phone, yet when they saw me in person, they had plenty of vacancies.

PhotoDave219

Woody, i have no real complains..... Perhaps im the exception, but i live here. Theyre not the greatest.... But its something. Then again I am uber security conscious and keep to myself...... Its better than the Vinings....

Woody13

PhotoDave219 said:
Are you saying I'm going to suffer with my new neighbor? :lol:
Naw. You're a big strong guy and know the ways of the world. Oh, and I forgot, you're an artist. Artists need to suffer before they become great. Of course, many of them die before they make a dime. However, the art comes first!

You'll be able to tell some great stories about the rats and cockroaches when you become famous!

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I actually pondered the westwood area where those apartments are at... but ultimately, I decided against it. They're far too overpriced for what you get... unless you're looking at Monterrey Lakes, but then you're liable to get shot in your apartment. I like Metrowest where I'm at now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom