My Most Bizarre Disney Vacation...EVER!!!

I understand that in Central Florida in the month of August it rains...alot, and yes it rained alot. However, that isn't the bizarre part. The bizarre part would have to be the tornado warning in which we found ourselves in the middle while visiting the Studios last Monday. By far the strangest part of my vacation and the most frustrating (because of this storm I was forced to miss the Backlot Tour and my fiancé was forced to miss Fantasmic! two nights in a row and everyone missed World Showcase). But still, we had a fantastic time despite the rain.

Mission:SPACE was well worth the months of wait. It impressed everyone in my party; however, we all thought that ride time was a little short.

Not much more than land clearing for Expedition: Everest, but still got some pretty good pictures.

The only day it didn't rain was our first day, Sunday, which we spent at the Magic Kingdom. I think we did it right. We literally rode every ride in the park with the exception of Dumbo, the Barnstormer and the Liberty Belle. Other than that we rode it all. Lots of fun and good times were had by all. Oh, I ran into my favourite CM Jeff while in the MK this year. Got his picture.

Overall we had a great time. I'll try to post more later if I can find the time.

SpongeScott

What precautions were taken when it was a tornado warning, knowing the difference between a watch and a warning? Is there a "safe" haven or is it each person for themselves?

Wow I am glad you had a good trip even though it was bizzare. Just curious as to if they announced a tornado warning etc. We were at the beach club and they didnt say anything when we saw the storm coming we high tailed it in from the boat dock. We walked up to the cape may buffet and made a reservation. No mention was made of it at the hotel (the warning etc.) and we saw lots of stranded people trying to make reserv. at cape may. We just asked for 2 and figured we would have better luck if we sent the ds to beaches and cream. They waited 45 min. We were there around the same week and got soaked at mk. Hope you could tough it out with ponchos. The rain slowed down our plans to,but I guess we have to make the best of it. Looking forward to hearing more of your adventure.

BigNorm

Original Poster
We had just gotten out of Who Wants to Be A Millionaire and were trying to stay out of the rain when a CM came around and asked us to go into the Millionaire building until it was safe. As for the "safe" haven, ours was the hall between the 'alley' which leads to the Backlot Tour and the Millionaire soundstage. Lots of scared children and adults for that matter, but we made the best of the situation. I have to admit I fell into the scared adult category initially :eek:. We were asked to stay away from the glass if we chose not to go view Play It! again, but otherwise everyone was trying to keep one another calm. The CMs did a wonderful job, they seemed to be very well trained for situations of that nature.

Can't believe the CMs at the beach club didn't make mention of the situation. Very odd indeed! :confused:

RMJKS05

Have You Dried Off Yet???

...How 'bout all that rain huh? Sunday sure was nice though!

Where were you at in POR? We were in Alligator Bayou, Building 18, Room 1856.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom