My FP+ experience

Nubs70

Original Poster
Just in the planning stages at this point and 58 days out. Doing a split stay. My wife and I have 3 hours on the phone linking things up. We just finished planning the which park/which day dilemma.

Then we did FP+ selections.......

Between my DW insistence that this ride and that ride never needed fastpasses before and agreement with her, I tried to explain there are lines now where there were none before because of FP+, I am now an A-hole and can schedule whatever I wish.

Thanks, MM+

Will update as things progress,

cw1982

Which rides were involved in the debate? I could tell you what wait times were like for certain rides the first week of June if you think that would help at all. We were there the whole week.

Nubs70

Original Poster
Thanks, I got it figured out.

Main problem was the lesser parks. Where you get one "good" one then are forced to pick 2 selections from a list that not one had/needed fast pass before. Maybe I still won't need them, but with lines forming where there never were before, safer to get them now at the risk of being an hindsight A-hole later.

MM+ has turned me into an A-hole, the magic come in where you can choose between Foresight or Hindsight (Ex ante or Ex post for our Latin or Financial speaking friends).

My choice is to be an Ex Ante A-hole.

Penelope

I remain hopeful that the "magic" of these FP+ "reservations" will wear off by the time of our trip. We still have several months. I still am a bit in shock of the tales of the new lines due to them. And you are not alone having these arguments--When I mentioned last weekend we need to plan out 60 days ahead where we will be each morning in terms of a park selection, my husband lost it on me and said I took the fun out of vacation. ("I" did??!! No, that would be Disney …)

Rob562

I remain hopeful that the "magic" of these FP+ "reservations" will wear off by the time of our trip. We still have several months. I still am a bit in shock of the tales of the new lines due to them. And you are not alone having these arguments--When I mentioned last weekend we need to plan out 60 days ahead where we will be each morning in terms of a park selection, my husband lost it on me and said I took the fun out of vacation. ("I" did??!! No, that would be Disney …)

As has been shown by many people posting about their experiences, with only a few exceptions most people can get the FP+ reservations they want only a day or two in advance (often the night before or even morning-of).

I think it's best to think of the selection of FP+ as an "in an ideal trip, this is what we'd do" sort of planning and know that you have a rough plan and the peace of mind knowing that your top priorities are covered, but you also know that you can then very easily alter those plans as needed before or during your trip.

-Rob

cw1982

Honestly, though, other than 7DMT and Anna and Elsa, you really don't need to have everything planned 60 days out. Do you have dining ADR's already? What worked for us was planning our FP+'s around our ADR's, and I found that I was able to shift things around as late as the week before our trip with absolutely no problems. Most things still had lots of availability even the day before. It's the people who wait until the morning of their visit to each park that will lose out on availability, at least for most days.

arko

there are very few rides which require you to book 60 days out, Anna and Elsa and the 7DMT are really the only ones, and even then I can get 7DMT at 30 days out, and pretty much everything else 2 days out, most things the night before still gets you decent ride times.

ratherbeinwdw

Just in the planning stages at this point and 58 days out. Doing a split stay. My wife and I have 3 hours on the phone linking things up. We just finished planning the which park/which day dilemma.

Then we did FP+ selections.......

Between my DW insistence that this ride and that ride never needed fastpasses before and agreement with her, I tried to explain there are lines now where there were none before because of FP+, I am now an A-hole and can schedule whatever I wish.

Thanks, MM+

Will update as things progress,
I just checked and for this Thursday, I can get everything including the 7DMT as far as rides. The only things not available are the parades and Anna & Elsa. When we were there two weeks ago, I could not get 7DMT nor TSMM even a week out. I guess it was just a busy week and the 7DMT was really new.

arko

I just checked and for this Thursday, I can get everything including the 7DMT as far as rides. The only things not available are the parades and Anna & Elsa. When we were there two weeks ago, I could not get 7DMT nor TSMM even a week out. I guess it was just a busy week and the 7DMT was really new.

yeah its hit or miss with 7DMT, I just checked and 10 -20 days out was shut out but 20-30 had times.

Yeah I didn't care for FP+ at epcot, We got one for Soarin, but couldn't get one for test track. As for the other selections the lines ended up being under 10 minutes so I kept changing the selections and never used them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom