My first time....HELP!!!

ToTallToSlow112

Original Poster
I am going to Disneyland Paris in October and boy do I need some info please help me if you can. What are the must see attractions of both parks? What is the Haloween celebration like there? I'm staying in Newport Bay. Are english park maps available? Lastly how about some general tips for beating the crowds at attractions? Ewwwwww... this is ganna be a great time. I'm also visiting London and Paris, but sadly being a DisneyGeek I'm more excited about visiting Disneyland Paris. Thanks for your help.

WiCKMaN

Basically you should try to do every ride if possible (use FastPass to do so...). When you enter Disneyland Park in the morning, try to get a FastPass for Peter Pan's Flight as quick as possible, because this is one of our most crowded rides (expect 90 minutes and up...). Big Thunder Mountain is also a very crowded ride, which can take up to 120 minutes on crowded days. How many days are you staying in DLRP? I hope you took 3 days, because it might be a little more crowded than usual (Halloween).
Park maps are available in a few different languages, including English. DLRP is not known for its proper English speaking CMs, but personally I don't think it's to bad, most of them do speak English fluent enough to make theirselves clear.

I hope you'll have a nice stay, and if you have anymore questions, just ask!

ogryn

Seeings that you are staying at the Newport Bay, when you check in, ask to have a Good-Morning Fantasyland Breakfast at no extra charge.

Then you get to the park at your alloted time (usually about an hour before the park opens), board the train, and get taken round to the Fantasyland station. Then everyone goes into the Pinoccio Restaurant for a contentantal eat as much as you want buffet (be prepared to push to get what you want, as everyone else will be pushing you out the way)

By the time you finish breakfast it will be about 9 (park opening time), so you can take a quick stroll over and do Dumbo, and Peter Pan, before the crowds get there. We managed to do both in about 15 minutes.

As for must see attractions..... all of them :) Space Mountain and Thunder Mountain are a lot better than their American counterparts (although with Space, you need to be a medium build and about 5'8" at least to make sure you are snug in the restraints, otherwise you will bounce around a lot and get hurt. Also try and hold onto your ear-lobes when riding that and Indy. That way when the trains change direction, your hands will cushion the blow of your head slamming into the side. )

Indy should be going forwards by the time you visit, so this won't help, but doing a loop backwards is the weirdest feeling ever.

If you have ridden the US Star Tours you can give the Paris one a miss. Pirates of The Carribean is bigger and better than the US versions.

Do everything in the studios, as their is only about 8 attractions. Rock 'n' Rollercoaster has a slighlty different theme to the WDW one, but is still excellent.

If you are visiting London as well, try and get in a trip to Thorpe Park (it is near Staines on the outskirts of the capital). It has the worlds first 10 inversion coaster (Intamin), and B&M Inverter, and the world's first backwards, in the dark coaster (verkoma). Don't forget the BA London Eye (a 35 minute massive Ferris Wheel ride), it gives amazing views.

cookiee_munster

ooooh!

have a nice time at disney! :) sure u will :)

if you are visting England for a while, make effort to go off to Alton Towers, its owned by the same people who own Thorpe Park, and its still considered to be the UK's best themepark :)

it has the famous "Nemesis" "Oblivion" and of course "Air" those are all B+M coasters... :) there are other coasters but those are the most popular :) i know when my American cousins come to visit England they visit Alton and they love it.

but yeah, have a great time, enjoy yourself :D

ogryn

Originally posted by cookiee_munster
ooooh!

have a nice time at disney! :) sure u will :)

if you are visting England for a while, make effort to go off to Alton Towers, its owned by the same people who own Thorpe Park, and its still considered to be the UK's best themepark :)

it has the famous "Nemesis" "Oblivion" and of course "Air" those are all B+M coasters... :) there are other coasters but those are the most popular :) i know when my American cousins come to visit England they visit Alton and they love it.

but yeah, have a great time, enjoy yourself :D

Well yeah, AT is good as well but is a 3hr drive away from London. Nemesis is an Inverter, Oblivion is a Dive Machine (87o V.Drop), Air is a Flyer (Prone) coaster.

cookiee_munster

Originally posted by ogryn
Nemesis is an Inverter, Oblivion is a Dive Machine (87o V.Drop), Air is a Flyer (Prone) coaster. [/B]

yup, and their all great! nemesis still being my favourite :) and its still older than the others :)

air needs a bit of disneys theming tho... its a bit bare :(

ogryn

Originally posted by cookiee_munster
yup, and their all great! nemesis still being my favourite :) and its still older than the others :)

air needs a bit of disneys theming tho... its a bit bare :(

With Air they just ran out of cash, which is a shame. The tunnel at the start was meant to be full of water.

I would recommend the original Nemesis, as it is unlike any other B&M Inverter you have ridden. It is in a huge pit, not very high or fast, but hugely intense. Check it out here: http://www.rcdb.com/installationgallery776.htm

The only downside to coasters in the UK is our stupid planning permissions. At Alton Towers, nothing is allowed to be built above the tree-line, and at Thorpe Park, I think they have about a 105ft limit at the moment. Oh, and electricity costs are very high, so launched coasters are a no-no at the moment. (although Thorpe is meant to be getting a (small) Intamin Rocket in 2005)

Sweet Laker

Here is something i wrote also in the "Disneyland Paris" topic. It contains a few tips about the parc. (and a few bonus grammar faults, but hey its free ;) )

If you are going to stay at DLP, i suggest you go for at least three days. Last 13 to 16th july i was in DLP and i was there for four days. I really needed those days. The park was open from 9 AM till 23 PM and i still did not see everything in the park. There are so many things to see, you will need your time very much.

Make sure you will get fast passes. They are very easy to get. Put your entrance ticket in the machine. It will give you the fast pas ticket and your entrance pas back again. There are two rides during my stay, i really needed the fast passen and those where Peter Pan and Big Thunder Mountain, wich both had queu lines, 45 minutes and more. The other attractions are also worth to get a fastpas, but the longest waiting time i had for those where 15 minutes.

Also, if you are going, make sure to get a GREEN HOPPERticket. This way you are allowed to enter and exit both parcs whenever you like. But make sure to get a stamp when you exit. EVERYTIME just in case. The stamps are waterproof, so if you are leaving for a swim, you dont have to worry the stamp will wash of, cause it wont.

I loved the Studios. The theming is less as in the Magic Kingdom, but i managed to stay there for one and a halve day, without getting bored. I did Rock'n Rollercoaster 30 times. Its a beautifull coaster, with theming i have never seen in my live before. Its awesome. (Make sure you visit Rock 'n Rollercoaster while Moteurs Action is giving his show. The Studios will be very quiet and the waiting time, NEVER got up 5 minutes, during my stay. The moment Moteurs Action was over, the waiting time increased to 20 minutes. But after halve an hour it will decrease to about 5 to ten minutes again.

Moteurs Action is a very beautifull and long show (i think it lasted for more as an hour.) Only the seats are very pathatic. It is just some steel safetytrack, you find next to highways. And after the show, you have to get your feeling back in your bottem before being able to walk normally again But the show is worth it.

Art of Disney Animation. Well, it sucks. There are two shows in there, but they are not showing a lot of what i expected.

I really liked Armageddon. If you enter the attraction, you will be an actor playing a new scene for the movie Armageddon. They payed a lot attention to the theming and its a MUST to do.

I really disliked Walt Disney Television Studios. It is really for little kids, but there was nothing for me, that i liked.

Cinemaque is a wonderfull show. Defenitly worth seeing it twice or more.

Studio Tram Tours is a very nice ride. First they show old scenery(is it called scenery?) they used in movies as Pearl Harbor and Armageddon. Then the tram (with a truck in front, without rails to ride on ) enters a movieset and you will be an actor (again) , then you will see how they made the clothes for the actors. Then going into a moviescene again and that was the ride.
There are many different languages during the Tram Tours in the different cars. So you can choose your own language. For example, i was able to choose a car wich had a Dutch female (on videotape) explaning the ride in Dutch.

The rest of the rides i didn't do. It really could not attract me.

So, to get back to your question. Three days are the least i would do. Four or more are recommended. They also organise trips to Paris (They have a lighttour, in Paris at Night, wich is beautifull). So if you would like to see Paris to, make sure to stay more days.

cookiee_munster

With Air they just ran out of cash, which is a shame. The tunnel at the start was meant to be full of water.

Yeah, water everywhere, including a waterfall and pool in tunnel two and a lake near the last helix, i followed its construction for 18 months :)

I would recommend the original Nemesis, as it is unlike any other B&M Inverter you have ridden. It is in a huge pit, not very high or fast, but hugely intense. Check it out here: http://www.rcdb.com/installationgallery776.htm

thats the nemesis i meant :) ive never been to thorpe park, i live about an hours drive away from Alton Towers so i go there on a regular basis :)

The only downside to coasters in the UK is our stupid planning permissions. At Alton Towers, nothing is allowed to be built above the tree-line, and at Thorpe Park, I think they have about a 105ft limit at the moment. Oh, and electricity costs are very high, so launched coasters are a no-no at the moment. (although Thorpe is meant to be getting a (small) Intamin Rocket in 2005)

well you'd be surprised at what alton are trying to build in the future :) a 200ft high wooden coaster in the valley, right next to the gardens, i am really not bothered about this and would just prefer a good steel coaster by B+M the woodie plans new modifications have been done, but its still pretty much the same

Apologies for drifting into the sea of off topicness :)

ogryn

Apologies for drifting into the sea of off topicness :)

Yeah sorry.
SW5 was the first coaster I followed through construction.
Inferno is good, but totally different to the original. The volcano is excellent, and houses two of the biggest subwoofers you have ever seen!
The woodie would have only been to tree level though, the rest of the 120ft or so would have been down into the valley, would it not?

er, anyway, DLP, great park, DSP, good park. Have a great time ToTallToSlow112

ToTallToSlow112

Original Poster
Thanks for all the help... I was thinking that even if I do have 2 days it may be nice to go back to my roots as Disney Theme Park nazi... making sure everyone runs not walks to the next attraction. Ahhh memories.

cookiee_munster

just remember to check out Phantom Manor, OMG you'd just leave going :eek:

and because your in london, check out the shops etc and of course the gallerys, hopefully the sunflowers should b there :) and other really well known paintings

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom