My Favorite Places at Disneyland

Mr. Tux

Original Poster
My Favorite Places at Disneyland

Theme parks can be a very overwhelming place for some people, but there are many relaxing and interesting places to enjoy in theme parks such as Disneyland. Disneyland has many places to just sit down, enjoy a refreshment, and watch the crowds go by. I will be listing some of my favorite places in Disneyland as these locales are great for giving your feet a rest, taking in the atmosphere, or for having something nice to eat.

One of my favorites is the seating area at the French Market Restaurant and the Mint Julep bar in New Orleans Square. From there you can enjoy a (non-alcoholic) mint julep, the shade, and a panoramic view of the Rivers of America and Frontierland from this area. The food at the French Market Restaurant isn’t that bad, so this is one of the best places to get a decent lunch. Overall, the atmosphere is quite peaceful and is off the beaten path.

Another of my favorite places at Disneyland is the village area of the newly built Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. This area is home to many places to browse through, and is home to the best counter-service restaurant in Disneyland, Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo, which has some unique but good quality food, as well as Ronto Roasters, a great place to pick up an easy meal and a sugary drink. The area’s atmosphere is a very realistic one, and yet it seems so fantastic because of the towering petrified trees the area has and the fact that everyone is in character with the Star Wars environment created for the land. Even non-Star Wars fans will like this area because of its otherworldliness and its attention to detail. Overall, the village part of Galaxy’s Edge is perfect if you want to browse for a nice item or to take in all the in-universe details.

The Penny Arcade and Main Street Cinema on Main Street, USA, are great places to watch old movies, which I highly enjoy, such as Steamboat Willy. The Cinema was actually the first place I saw Steamboat Willy. If you want to cool off, beat the midday crowds, or have a nice place to enjoy your ice cream, the Cinema is a great place to do so, and watch some movies while at it. The Arcade is also one of my favorite places because of the many films played on its mutoscopes and cail-o-scopes that you can watch for just a penny, the orchestrion, and the Arcade’s close proximity to the Ice Cream Parlor. What is great about the silent films in the Arcade is that they are full of gags and jokes despite lacking sound or dialogue. The orchestrion is a unique device, which is a pipe organ with many other instruments inside meant to replicate the sound of an orchestra. The orchestrion plays many songs, such as, When You Wish Upon a Star, or A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes. The orchestrion gives a unique sound to each of these pieces, and I would really like to spend more time listening to it. Since Main Street is a Turn of the 20th Century town, it also has a classic ice cream parlor, with an actual soda fountain, so you can get large Coca-Cola floats that have a nice amount of ice cream. There are many other places in Disney Parks that I enjoy, but these are some of the notable ones. Thank you. What are some of your favorite places in Disneyland Park?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom