My epcot (future world) upgrade Part 1: Basics, Spaceship Earth, Innoventions, and Imagination!

TwilightZone

Original Poster
I thought about it and here's what I've come up with for if I were to redo epcot
BASIC
  • Change the area music
This one's pretty simple, epcot has had the same area music since the early 2000's and it shows. The two songs I'd keep is test track's area music and innoventions' area music.
  • get rid of those purple things
pin-central-00.jpg

Now, to be honest, I don't know what these things are actually called, but they annoy me. They are incredibly ugly. This is probably the one thing they can change right now, because I don't think it would cost too much to take these down.
  • change overall paint color
The paint colors at epcot are all over the place, if I were to redo this place I would look at a color wheel for reference when doing the colors so they won't be so mismatched.
Spaceship Earth
  • make a new ending
The ending at spaceship earth both rarely works and isn't as impressive as previous finales (everyone has a touchscreen now). I would replace it with an ending, not showing the future, but showing present day communications instead. This way, it can wrap up the ride better, and it won't look as dated as if they were trying to predict the future of communications.
Innnoventions
  • Replace it
Innoventions has become really dated since it first opened, plus with only a few attractions left, it isn't in the happiest state. Replacing it with a new pavilion would most likely be the best idea to bring life back into the dying pavilion.
  • Bring back backstage magic
Backstage magic was one of communicore's most entertaining shows showing how the animatronics at epoct worked. With today's various animatronic technology it would be great to show kids all the various types of animatronic technology.
  • Bring back the upstairs portions
Communicore used to have upstairs portions to a few of their attractions, that innoventions doesn't have. If these were brought back in some way or form, it would make innoventions a pavillion worth returning to.
Journey into Imagination
  • Bring back Dreamfinder
Do I need to explain this one? Dreamfinder has always been the more creative and interesting character than Nigel Channing ever could be.
  • No more Imagination Institute
With the removal of the honey, I shrunk the audience show, having the imagination institute overlay no longer makes sense. If they want to make it still an institute for cost reasons, they could easily replace it with the institute from Figment #2.
  • New Special Effects
What made the original so unique was that it had new, ground braking special effects. The new Imagination should also have a ton of new effects as well. Whether it be new effects made for newly opened rides or new effects made for this ride does not matter, as long as they're, well, new, does.
  • Bring back the upstairs portion in some way
The upstairs portion used to be the imageworks (creative playground of the future version). Now, it's a dvc lounge. In the future, I want it to be accessible, some how, to all guests. It would become an expansion of the already existing downstairs imageworks, a meet-n'-greet for dreamfinder and figment, or a gift shop
Magic Eye Theater Ideas
  • Timekeeper 2.0
The timekeeper was one of the most interesting attractions that the circle eye theater ever had. If the show was updated as the type pseudo-simulator attractions that the magic eye theater currently has, I'm shure it at least be some what popular.
  • Inside Out
Inside Out is the perfect movie to replace the pixar short film festival. The movie is very, well, imaginative and I can see different rotating, random shows about different people and animals and their emotions happening in the show
  • Honey, I shrunk the audience: starring Ant Man
This idea I stole from someone on Micechat. Basically, the idea was that the audience just so happens to be working with SHIELD and ends up accidently getting shrunk down by a machine. Then the audience then helps Ant Man fight one of Marvel's famous villains. The audience (and ant man) regrows after the battle and the day is saved. This is the one that Disney is most likely to do.
click here for part 2

Last edited:

Jack Pumpkinhead

I thought about it and here's what I've come up with for if I were to redo epcot
BASIC
  • Change the area music
This one's pretty simple, epcot has had the same area music since the early 2000's and it shows. The two songs I'd keep is test track's area music and innoventions' area music.
  • get rid of those purple things
pin-central-00.jpg

Now, to be honest, I don't know what these things are actually called, but they annoy me. They are incredibly ugly. This is probably the one thing they can change right now, because I don't think it would cost too much to take these down.
  • change overall paint color
The paint colors at epcot are all over the place, if I were to redo this place I would look at a color wheel for reference when doing the colors so they won't be so mismatched.
Spaceship Earth
  • make a new ending
The ending at spaceship earth both rarely works and isn't as impressive as previous finales (everyone has a touchscreen now). I would replace it with an ending, not showing the future, but showing present day communications instead. This way, it can wrap up the ride better, and it won't look as dated as if they were trying to predict the future of communications.
Innnoventions
  • Replace it
Innoventions has become really dated since it first opened, plus with only a few attractions left, it isn't in the happiest state. Replacing it with a new pavilion would most likely be the best idea to bring life back into the dying pavilion.
  • Bring back backstage magic
Backstage magic was one of communicore's most entertaining shows showing how the animatronics at epoct worked. With today's various animatronic technology it would be great to show kids all the various types of animatronic technology.
  • Bring back the upstairs portions
Communicore used to have upstairs portions to a few of their attractions, that innoventions doesn't have. If these were brought back in some way or form, it would make innoventions a pavillion worth returning to.
Journey into Imagination
  • Bring back Dreamfinder
Do I need to explain this one? Dreamfinder has always been the more creative and interesting character than Nigel Channing ever could be.
  • No more Imagination Institute
With the removal of the honey, I shrunk the audience show, having the imagination institute overlay no longer makes sense. If they want to make it still an institute for cost reasons, they could easily replace it with the institute from Figment #2.
  • New Special Effects
What made the original so unique was that it had new, ground braking special effects. The new Imagination should also have a ton of new effects as well. Whether it be new effects made for newly opened rides or new effects made for this ride does not matter, as long as they're, well, new, does.
  • Bring back the upstairs portion in some way
The upstairs portion used to be the imageworks (creative playground of the future version). Now, it's a dvc lounge. In the future, I want it to be accessible, some how, to all guests. It would become an expansion of the already existing downstairs imageworks, a meet-n'-greet for dreamfinder and figment, or a gift shop
Magic Eye Theater Ideas
  • Timekeeper 2.0
The timekeeper was one of the most interesting attractions that the circle eye theater ever had. If the show was updated as the type pseudo-simulator attractions that the magic eye theater currently has, I'm shure it at least be some what popular.
  • Inside Out
Inside Out is the perfect movie to replace the pixar short film festival. The movie is very, well, imaginative and I can see different rotating, random shows about different people and animals and their emotions happening in the show
  • Honey, I shrunk the audience: starring Ant Man
This idea I stole from someone on Micechat. Basically, the idea was that the audience just so happens to be working with SHIELD and ends up accidently getting shrunk down by a machine. Then the audience then helps Ant Man fight one of Marvel's famous villains. The audience (and ant man) regrows after the battle and the day is saved. This is the one that Disney is most likely to do.
I'd like to point out that those "purple things" are LED lightings, and that you partially improved Imagination Pavilion with the main ride, but the Theater show, oh you need to think again about that.

TwilightZone

Original Poster
I'd like to point out that those "purple things" are LED lightings, and that you partially improved Imagination Pavilion with the main ride, but the Theater show, oh you need to think again about that.
Thank you! Sorry, I'm not too creative when it comes to coming up with theater show ideas.:confused: Also, those are lights!? I thought they were like drapes, or something.

TwilightZone

Original Poster
Inside Out fits better in Wonders of Life plus Disney can't use Marvel characters on the East side of the Mississippi River excluding Guardians of the Galaxy & Big Hero 6.
Yeah, I am going to talk about the possibility of inside out in future world in one of the follow ups. Also, I did not know that ant-man wasn't allowed in WDW. I thought he was fair game because there is currently no ant-man ride in either park.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Why can't they do Ant-Man or The Avengers in WDW? Neither have an attraction or anything excluding The Hulk Coaster.

Ah, you must have missed the dozens of conversations revolving around that on other forums :p

Basically anything within the Avengers Family (and Fantastic 4 or X-Men) cannot be used if one character is used. Hulk AND Spidey fit into that family, so none of the rest of the family can be used.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom