My Disney Experience Quick Question!

Princess A

Original Poster
Hi everyone, I just want to ask about this feature in MDE:

GPVeyxr.png

This appeared below my MagicBands a few days ago, and I just wondered what it was. When I click on it, it only offers the option to deactivate it. Any knowledge on what it actually is/does would be great! :)

JohnD

Hi everyone, I just want to ask about this feature in MDE:

GPVeyxr.png

This appeared below my MagicBands a few days ago, and I just wondered what it was. When I click on it, it only offers the option to deactivate it. Any knowledge on what it actually is/does would be great! :)

It is showing a card becasue you purchased a "ticket" card separate from a resort stay. Any time you make a resort reservation, you'll be given the option to personalize a magic band then the magic band will be added to your "Tickets and Cards" section.

dreamfinder

All you can do is to deactivate the medium. (Be it band or card) That is for if you lose the card/band, to ensure no one else uses it, or if you have multiple bands/cards and say your child wants to wear one in the park as it matches their outfit. That type of thing. You can activate/deactivate on a whim based on which medium you are planning on using.

Rob562

It is showing a card becasue you purchased a "ticket" card separate from a resort stay. Any time you make a resort reservation, you'll be given the option to personalize a magic band then the magic band will be added to your "Tickets and Cards" section.

Bingo. My MDE listing under Cards and Bands lists three Bands and two cards. The Bands are from my various hotel reservations, one card was my AP card from the early days of the MDE roll-out and the other was the ticket I bought for my last trip.

A tip, since they're all just "pointers" to your profile, they can *all* be used interchangeably for everything. Yes, your park ticket *will* open your hotel room. :)

-Rob

BrianV

So on follow up, once linked, a park ticket no longer serves as a park ticket (with whatever entitlements were on it at purchase) but rather a link to your MDE profile and to whatever entitlements are listed there?

Rob562

So on follow up, once linked, a park ticket no longer serves as a park ticket (with whatever entitlements were on it at purchase) but rather a link to your MDE profile and to whatever entitlements are listed there?

Exactly. (Though I believe it does still have some sort of "residual" link to the ticket so that if a CM at Guest Services looks it up by serial number they can see the particular ticket that had been part of that)

-Rob

Princess A

Original Poster
Thank you all so much! I was confused as it only shows one card and there is two of us on the reservation. I was also curious because this is our first visit and I'm not 100% sure how everything works! I thought maybe we had cards as backups for the bands. All I could find on the internet was that you can request a card if you really do not want to use the bands.

BrianV

Thank you all so much! I was confused as it only shows one card and there is two of us on the reservation. I was also curious because this is our first visit and I'm not 100% sure how everything works! I thought maybe we had cards as backups for the bands. All I could find on the internet was that you can request a card if you really do not want to use the bands.

I think you should each have a card listed if you each purchased tickets. And you'll each have a band as well if you stay on site. For what it is worth, the bands are actually pretty convenient in the end, much easier than getting a card out of your wallet and worrying about losing it.

Rob562

If the other person on the reservation has their own MDE login, their Cards and Bands will show up under their account since they "own" them.

Bands don't list specifically under a person's account until the Bands ship.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom