My Disney Experience glitchy?

Rachel S1321

Original Poster
So over the last week I've signed on to MDX to pay some money towards our reservations in September and it won't let me. The only option I have is to pay it in full, which my balance isn't due until August. So today I called Disney to pay the money over the phone. Does anyone else ever experience problems with the app or website? Is it my computer? Thanks!

Last edited:

Tom

Beta Return
Like most of the guests in the parks this week, the web servers are under a lot of stress because they're being used more than any other week of the year.

No excuse for the functions to not work properly though. Sounds like yet another glitch with the web programming.

Rachel S1321

Original Poster
Like most of the guests in the parks this week, the web servers are under a lot of stress because they're being used more than any other week of the year.

No excuse for the functions to not work properly though. Sounds like yet another glitch with the web programming.

I'm just shocked that out of all the glitches with the MDX, its the one that you use to pay Disney that isn't working....But from what I'm reading from other posts is that at any given time there seems to be some issues.

RonAnnArbor

The Passholder links on MDE to pay have never worked in the two years they have had the revamped site and you always have to call to make a payment.
But MDE is just as glitchy in the parks as well -- there a few weeks ago and the app didn't work at all on my iPhone, though the website did by logging into it via safari, but ti was so slow it was useless.

Rachel S1321

Original Poster
So yesterday before I called and made a payment I added a quick service dining plan to our vacation. It gave me an option to make a payment. I put a payment in of $50 and got a error code saying that my reservation was updated but with my payment there was an error. So then I called WDT and confirmed the dining plan was added. They confirmed and didn't see any payments made, so I made another one. This morning I woke up and both payments are pending. I have the $ but for some this can be a big problem. I don't think I will do online payments anymore.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

So yesterday before I called and made a payment I added a quick service dining plan to our vacation. It gave me an option to make a payment. I put a payment in of $50 and got a error code saying that my reservation was updated but with my payment there was an error. So then I called WDT and confirmed the dining plan was added. They confirmed and didn't see any payments made, so I made another one. This morning I woke up and both payments are pending. I have the $ but for some this can be a big problem. I don't think I will do online payments anymore.

I post rarely....

A similar experience, not directly related - unless one gets back end computer systems.

We are DVC members. Paid our dues online two days ago. ONLINE system yelled "transaction error".

HOWEVER - the very FIRST thing we did was to check our Credit Card Billing system. YUP, we had a pending transaction for the full amount from Disney.

So - a piece of advice..... IGNORE any "Page got eaten", "Transaction Error", or other Disney Website vomit issues. CHECK YOUR CC PROVIDERS page. Do NOT re-enter a payment.

About two HOURS after our payment was actually submitted - the Disney backend database finally recognized it.

For reference - these are the typical signs of a poorly coded, and overloaded, Database Transaction System. Fine - it is what it is. Your CC providers have much BETTER systems - in the event of a Disney System Failure (very common), I would humbly suggest doing a CROSSCHECK with your CC provider's online system. The WDW payment system appears to be overloaded, and appears to lack basic transaction verification code.

Tom

Beta Return

Unless you use a travel agent, it's best to call your payments in. I think only travel agents have the ability to apply partial payments. I have no idea why Disney's main site doesn't let guests do it directly.

Rachel S1321

Original Poster
Unless you use a travel agent, it's best to call your payments in. I think only travel agents have the ability to apply partial payments. I have no idea why Disney's main site doesn't let guests do it directly.

When we visited Disney last in 2012 we always paid partial payments online. We have only ever called Disney travel for the initial reservations and to add dining etc. I thought paying online was so much easier then calling. Its not safer though that is for sure! I will be calling mine in from now on.

Tom

Beta Return
When we visited Disney last in 2012 we always paid partial payments online. We have only ever called Disney travel for the initial reservations and to add dining etc. I thought paying online was so much easier then calling. Its not safer though that is for sure! I will be calling mine in from now on.

Honestly.....submitting CC over the web is safer than calling it in, generally speaking. It's always better to prevent another human from physically having your card info, whenever possible. That's why new PCI rules require all retailers to have the customer-facing devices (some of which are Chip-Enabled), so that the cashier never sees or touches your card.

As long as a website is properly encrypted, and the company is following PCI regulations on the server/processing side (if they're not, they're at risk for having Visa/MC revoke their charging privileges), only computers see your card info, and only for a few moments before it's destroyed.

Giving it to a person over the phone opens the opportunity for them to write it down and use it later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom