My Disney Experience Crashing/Anna & Elsa Suggestion

jugglingfanatic

Original Poster
Everyone knows 'Meet Anna and Elsa at Princess Fairytale Hall' is one of the most popular FastPass+ options currently offered. It seems like this FastPass+ alone could be causing a lot of the issues with the site crashing, as it did for me 60+ days out from our trip last night. Could Disney not email guests 2 or 3 options for different times/days throughout your stay to help alleviate this burden? This would also help you get a more favorable time other than your last day of your visit, since anyone who is checking in 1 day sooner than you already had full pick of their stay (most likely overlapping a majority of your stay).

Example email from Disney: We are offering you a FastPass+ for Anna and Elsa on November X at Z time OR November Y at Z time. You have 24 hours to make your selection from these 2 options.

I know they just did trials with FastPass+ options for Fantasmic and I thought they sent out emails inviting people to take part in the trial. Could they not do the same thing for Anna and Elsa? Or have the option to 'opt in' for this service and the email would be sent 61+ days prior to arrival?

Rob562

There are two problems that I see with something like this.

A) It goes under the assumption that everyone wants to meet Anna & Elsa.
B) There are WAY more people staying in WDW hotels than there are available FP+ slots for the A&E meet. I've heard numbers thrown around that for each specific time slot (2:05p-3:05p for example) there are less than 10 FP+ allocations. It might even be less than that.

There would be no way of offering everyone a way of making a FP+ reservation in the manner you desscribe.

-Rob

jugglingfanatic

Original Poster
A) It goes under the assumption that everyone wants to meet Anna & Elsa.
B) There are WAY more people staying in WDW hotels than there are available FP+ slots for the A&E meet. I've heard numbers thrown around that for each specific time slot (2:05p-3:05p for example) there are less than 10 FP+ allocations. It might even be less than that.

A - I guess that is where an 'opt in' would be better instead of an email that goes to everyone.
B - I didn't realize it was that small of a number. I guess it is much easier to use this setup on something like Fantasmic that can accommodate thousands of people per show. But then again, not everyone visiting WDW is interested in Anna & Elsa.

I didn't think it would be as simple as my example. I guess another issue to try and 'fix' would be the way that the advance FastPass+ works in that the person checking in on a Friday is able to pick up any remaining FastPass+ for the week that would overlap your stay starting on a Saturday.

Overall, I was fairly happy with my FastPass+ experience, but we are a long way off from the actual trip. I did end up getting Anna & Elsa, but when the site crashed it was very frustrating.

NYwdwfan

If everyone got an FP for Anna and Elsa it would just become the stand by line.
decisions-3.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom