My Disney Experience App

MJCota

Original Poster
I just put the My Disney Experience App on my phone for our trip and was just wondering how everyone likes it? I love knowing I can change my FPP if I need to, check our ADR for the day and see the wait time of rides. I read reviews that the app doesn't work correctly or just doesn't load. Any one have this problem? I have a great phone and never had loading issues so I don't know if it the individual person and their phone/plan or the appl. I was going to print out our weekly itinerary but if I don't have to (less to carry) and just use the app on my phone, then that'd be great!

cw1982

I'll revisit this thread a month from now when I have a better phone... my current phone is a total piece of junk and I had to reinstall the app to get it to run properly a few days ago. Haven't had any issues since then, but we will see what happens... hopefully it'll work more consistently when I get my phone upgraded next month.

KatMaria

I love the app, when it first rolled out I wanted to throw the thing at the wall. But with the updates, it is fast and easy to use. The only annoying thing is that it would log me out after a while. And I tend to always forget my password. I have a Galaxy Note 2 and it works fine. I know some Iphone users have been having issues with it though.....

sring

I have an iPhone and had no real problems with the App on my trip in mid-February. The biggest issue I had was battery drain and a lack of places to plug in and recharge when I was out in the parks all day. I understand now that there are some places to charge in MK but not necessarily (yet) in the other parks.

I had no issue with changing FP+ reservations on the fly and I didn't have lost or dropped data (FP+ reservations and ADRs) as I did with the last version of the app before my trip.

As for in-park WiFi, I couldn't find a signal to save my life in MK but had no trouble in EPCOT. Didn't get to the other parks on that short trip. Something to keep in mind if you are cellular data restricted.

Other than that, take a back-up battery or solar charger for your phone.

MJCota

Original Poster
Thank you! I read the reviews but when I tried it I had no issues. I have a Moto X through US Cellular and have never had an issue with it except in our local grocery store (I can't even get one bar no matter what phone you have). I'll have my husband put it on his too just incase my battery dies. I don't plan on using it a ton but it's nice not having to carry printed papers with our ADRs!!!

lebeau

The app seems very nice. Which is frustrating because I have a Windows phone that won't run it. We have 3 Kindle Fires which won't run it. The kids each have an ipod touch which will run it. So I have installed it on both devices. Looks like I can either switch phones (but I am perfectly happy with my current phone) or drag the kids' ipods around the parks. I suspect I will do the latter although I constantly worry about cracking the screens. One of the reasons we don't buy a lot of Apple products is that they are so fragile and expensive to fix/replace.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom