my disney experience app needs to run faster

planters49

Original Poster
I'm using the mydisneyexperience app on a samsung galaxy s3. The app is super slow. Takes over a minute just to load the fastpass+ stuff. Same problems on my brother in law's iphone 4s. I have found myself staring at my phone for most of the day. I really hate to even use my phone while on vacation. This slow problem is the same using the parks wifi and verizon's 4G network. I hope disney fixes this problem. Thoughts?

Sped2424

Its super fast on the apple products, and super slow on android I have a galaxy s 4 which by all means should trump an iphone 5 and ipod touch 5 in processing but the app runs quicker on both of those products. They haven't translated the app well over to android.

G00fyDad

Its super fast on the apple products, and super slow on android I have a galaxy s 4 which by all means should trump an iphone 5 and ipod touch 5 in processing but the app runs quicker on both of those products. They haven't translated the app well over to android.

It ran like a breeze on my S3. My daughter's iPhone 5 sucks with that app.

NowInc

I'll be the first to admit that the app on BOTH systems is a disaster. In my party of 4, all of us having different phones, it ran HORRIBLY for each of us.

G00fyDad

I feel blessed now. The app worked perfect for me. A bit slow a few times, but otherwise it was great. Accessed FP+, MDE, and everything without trouble.

rangerbob

I've
I do feel that they should have anticipated the amount of usage that would occur and adjusted the capacity.
I've noticed that the IT dept at WDW throws things together and then just throws it out there. They don't test it too much and hope for the best when they revel it for everybody and then sit back and scratches their heads when it doesn't work the way that they hoped it would. We can see this with the roll out of the multi-billion dollar fiasco they call My Disney Experience. I think the rollout of Wifi had multiple glitches but has improved. Why didn't they have the Cisco Engineers involved with the design and development of the system to get the best when they turn it on.

G00fyDad

And frankly I don't believe they are seeing half of the traffic now that they will see in the next year. That's a huge problem.

I agree. They should use this as a wakeup call and make the necessary adjustments. However, knowing the current Disney management, I doubt it.

G00fyDad

I've

I've noticed that the IT dept at WDW throws things together and then just throws it out there. They don't test it too much and hope for the best when they revel it for everybody and then sit back and scratches their heads when it doesn't work the way that they hoped it would. We can see this with the roll out of the multi-billion dollar fiasco they call My Disney Experience. I think the rollout of Wifi had multiple glitches but has improved. Why didn't they have the Cisco Engineers involved with the design and development of the system to get the best when they turn it on.

Having worked in IT before I can tell you that no matter how much preparation and testing you do there will always be something you miss, or does not reveal itself in the testing phase. With a project on this scale with this many users it was bound to appear to be a large number of people. Keep in mind that the number of people who have had issues seem to be dwarfed by the number of people with positive experiences, like me. We see only the negatives about this system for two reasons. A) The people who hate the system for various reasons other than failures are the loudest voices griping about the system. B) The people who have genuinely had an issue with it report it in places like here and other forums. How many people sign up for a site (which you have to do anymore to leave feedback) just to leave positive comments about a system like this? Very few. How many people sign up for a site to gripe about the bad experience they had with a system like this? Many.

Gomer

It's not just MDE either. All Disney sites have always been atrociously slow. MDE is slow. Waltdisneyworld.com is slow. DVCmember.com is slow. I swear the load times on these sites make me feel like its 1998 and I'm using dial-up again.

I'm no expert on the subject, but Disney needs to find a new way to design their sites so that they can run at the speed the rest of the world is accustomed to. I don't know if this is a form over function sort of thing where they concentrate too much on the look of the sites. But something has to change if they are going to allow such levels of dependency on their websites for such a high volume of requests, changes, and activities.

BoarderPhreak

The first versions on the iPhone were dog slow too, but a later update made great strides in speed. Hopefully there's an Android update in the near future that will address this...

bhg469

The first versions on the iPhone were dog slow too, but a later update made great strides in speed. Hopefully there's an Android update in the near future that will address this...
My guess is they won't. Disney didn't even have a version for the flagship android device when the app launched. Disney sites tend to only develop for the most widely used mobile os as well. I forgive independent sites like this one because it costs them money when they don't know what they're doing, they need someone who does to make it work. Disney as a whole has no excuse.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It's not just MDE either. All Disney sites have always been atrociously slow. MDE is slow. Waltdisneyworld.com is slow. DVCmember.com is slow. I swear the load times on these sites make me feel like its 1998 and I'm using dial-up again.

I'm no expert on the subject, but Disney needs to find a new way to design their sites so that they can run at the speed the rest of the world is accustomed to. I don't know if this is a form over function sort of thing where they concentrate too much on the look of the sites. But something has to change if they are going to allow such levels of dependency on their websites for such a high volume of requests, changes, and activities.
I believe most of the Disney site and app issues are related to backend data lookups, and nothing to do with the actual front end guest facing site. Either way though, it still impacts the usability greatly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom