MVMCP...yay or nay?

Santina

My family of 4, which includes myself, my husband and my two boys, ages 4 (turning 5 while we're on vacation) and 3 are making our way to Disney World during Christmas week. We arrive on Dec. 21, so we actually have the opportunity to attend MVMCP on 12/22, but I don't know if it's worth the hefty price tag of almost $500 for the four of us. I know that some of the attractions of the party are offered for free during Christmas week, so we'll still be able to see the parade and fireworks, but I'm sure the atmosphere at the party is beyond magical and really wanted to ask anyone who has done it before if it's a must-do, since in all honesty I have no idea when we will be able to come back during Christmas week in the future.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Starting on the 23rd the MVMCP Christmas parade and Holiday Wishes are shown nightly for all guests. The whole week of Christmas after the last party every year has those to enjoy for no extra cost. I do love the MVMCP but if cost is an issue and you will be there once the events are done for all guests then I say skip it. But if money is not an issue I would definately do the party. :)

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Agree with @sxeensweet, save your money. The last MVMCP usually sells out which means the park will only be slightly less crowded than a normal day. You will get to see the biggest MVMCP perks for free ~ the parade and fireworks ~ later in your stay. We have vacationed the last few years during your dates and did not feel it necessary to attend MVMCP since we felt MK was already magical dressed for the holidays. The castle-lighting ceremony (Frozen Holiday Wish) is performed during regular park hours too.

Upvote 0

Cowboy Steve

Our last 3 trips (and again this trip) our family has done the MVMCP and enjoyed it. But we go right after Thanksgiving... so a little different situation. it usually doesn't sell out and the crowd levels are noticeably less. However, as others have stated, if they are offering some of the high profile events (fireworks/projection show, parade) on non-MVMCP nights, during your stay, go with the freebies. You'd have to eat a lot of cookies and hot chocolate to offset $500... yikes. They must charge more for MVMCP the week of Christmas? A family of 4 on the day we are going (Nov 29th) is $358. Still a good chunk of change...

A tip of the hat to you for braving Disney the week of Christmas with 2 small children. I don't have children myself, but starting when she was 5 I started taking my best friend's daughter to a very large amusement park where I live. That was just one kid, at a park I was intimately familiar with as I worked there, on days that weren't very busy and I was a nervous wreck the entire day lol. :D I envy you though. Looking back I'd give my right arm to have been able to take her to Disney when she was 5...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom