MVMCP Temps and Weather...

streudel423

Original Poster
We will be at MVMCP Dec 4 (only about a week away!!
woohoo.gif
). All of the local forcasts and weather.com say lows will be in the 50's or 60's.

However, I've heard some people on here say lows are in the 40s. Huh? How can this be if all the LOCAL stations and weather.com says 50's/60's?

We live in NC and 50's/60's to us is VERY nice...usually tshirt and sweatshirt weather (not jackets). What has your experience been recently with temperatures at MVMCP THIS year? thanks!!!
santa.gif

tecowdw

We will be at MVMCP Dec 4 (only about a week away!!
woohoo.gif
). All of the local forecasts and weather.com say lows will be in the 50's or 60's.

However, I've heard some people on here say lows are in the 40s. Huh? How can this be if all the LOCAL stations and weather.com says 50's/60's?

We live in NC and 50's/60's to us is VERY nice...usually teeshirt and sweatshirt weather (not jackets). What has your experience been recently with temperatures at MVMCP THIS year? thanks!!!
santa.gif

Well, this past weekend the lows were in the low 60's and I found that to be chilly after the sun went down. A sweatshirt or lite fleece shirt would be appropriate for me. My ideal temp is 75-80º FWIW. If you are the type that is generally hot then you might find 60's just fine with a t-shirt. Now get below 60 at night and I personally don't care to be out in the theme parks for extended periods of time.

Right now the average high for Orlando is about 77º so you should expect the night lows to be about 20º less. Weather in December can be very hit and miss I have found. It can be warm one week and cold the next. It all depends on the cold fronts that, during winter, can go all through central Florida. Without a cold front, you should expect nice weather temps because their average high never dips below 65º I don't think. Cold fronts (which seem to always follow me down there from Indiana) change everything for about 3-7 days.

BTW, always go by the local station forecasts...the Weather Channel always seems to over estimate the temps until they are within about 5 days.

mousefan1972

Thank you guys for the help; like the OP I will be in WDW in December and it's the first time for us where we won't be in shorts and tanks the whole time. Makes it tough to know what to pack!! :lol:

eroyee

We have gone in Dec. several times and to MVMCP too. we have gone from thick coats, hats and mittens, to just t shirts and jeans to pouring rain for a long time. We always pack for any weather condition so we dont have to worry. have a magical trip. Its so beautiful at christmas........:xmas:

barkatozz

On the 11/16/07 MVMCP it was in the high 40's at night....I wore a sweatshirt under my regular shirt. Nothing like taking advantage of no que lines @ Splash & BTMRR. :wave:

Elphaba

Yes, that's the worst part! It means more luggage because I have to pack for possible chillier temps which is never the case April through October.
:lookaroun

I'm awful when it comes to packing to begin with, and now this is gonna drive me nuts if I have to make a costume change each night because the temp drops, I'll just have to pack everything. I can't wait!!!!! MVMCP on the 4th is gonna rock!!!!! Anyone know if the parties during the week tend to be crowded?

EPCOT.nut

It will only be cold if we have a cold front. We always have days worth of notice for a cold front, so no worries! Otherwise it will just be chilly when the sun goes down. See you on 12/4! :sohappy:

coasterphil

It'll probably be 80 out, just like every other day here in Orlando. I'm so sick of this weather already, it feels like time has stood still since I moved here in August because it's still so hot.

fizzle75

Howdy fellow North Carolinian!

Howdy fellow Tarheel!:wave:

We were there in early December last year and we almost froze to death! Based on all I have heard, we must have been there during an unusually cold cold front though. Being from the mountains of Western North Carolina I am very used to much colder weather, I love it actually, but nothing prepares you for a cold front in Florida, it feels much colder than it is because you don't expect it. I actually loved the cold front because it really helped to set the mood during the holidays. I remember waiting in line for the Candlelight Processional and I got so cold that I had to zip over to the American Pavillion to buy a sweatshirt. My best advice is to prepare for the worst and pack some pants, long sleeve shirts and a jacket. We'll be back for a long weekend in about two weeks and I'm hoping and praying for another cold front!

Have a great trip!

MissM

All I know is that it was back up to a high of 84F in Tampa today. :hurl: I'm SO READY for more cool weather! We just got the tiniest of teases before it's gotten hot again. The state is running about 10 degrees hotter than average for at least the next few days. Forecast is hopeful that a weak cold front will cool us down by the end of the week.
-m

Ringo8n24

Packing for a 19 month old and a 5 yr old is tough for this trip to WDW. I am going to pack twice as much as normal because we have never been on vacation in December before. Florida's temps are not that far off from home, but it is so hit or miss. Cold, hot, cold, hot. We may need a bigger car for suitcases. :lol:

Rabflmom

It'll probably be 80 out, just like every other day here in Orlando. I'm so sick of this weather already, it feels like time has stood still since I moved here in August because it's still so hot.

You have only been here since August and you are already complaining about it not cooling off? LOL Get used to it. They are saying that this winter is going to be warmer than usual. Last year we didn't even have a frost over here on the Space Coast. I think I only used my coat one morning. Come the end of March it will probably be summer again with the temps at night not going below 60 unless the Northern states are bombarded by Canadian cold fronts that make it this far South.
Warm winters help Florida's economy so always happy when it stays warm.

js4574

I was at the party 12/8/06 and we froze. The temp was right at 40 degrees. We ended up going into one of the gift shops to warm up and it cost me $150.

tecowdw

Get a grip! It's only 23º where I am so stop complaining about the 80's ~ we'll be lucky to hit 40º for a high any more this winter in my neck of the woods. And don't even mention the darn lake effect snow here during Thanksgiving to me (fortunately I was in Florida enjoying the 70's with you during that late last week). 80º with little humidity is a perfect blessing, my friend!

Personally, I'm hoping you have an above average period of temps when I'm back there in about a week. Reality...cold fronts from up here always seem to follow me down there in the winter so I suspect I will be bringing your much desired relief. At least someone will be happy with that!
:D

MissM

Get a grip! It's only 23º where I am so stop complaining about the 80's ~
It's an extreme misconception that continually enduring high temperatures is somehow easier than dealing with low temperatures. Extremes in either case are miserable. Anyone who's ever lived in Florida can tell you the frustration of dealing with non-stop heat. You're always uncomfortable, you're always sweating, you're always sticky, you're always cranky. Trust me when I say it's not some rosy tropical beach postcard picture ideal you imagine it to be. "Enjoying" warm weather for a couple days or a week is an entirely different thing than living here.

We have been running around 10 degrees above average. This is after months and months of never ending sweltering summer. There's nothing wrong with wishing for a break in the weather and some cool weather for a change. Unless you live with it, don't presume it's wonderful.
-m

EvilQueen81

I am having trouble packing all of the dang cloths that I might or might not need. I am fine being in shorts and a t-shirt in the cool weather but my husband is not. We are packing a little bit of everything and we are going to carry a book bag with jackets for the parks so we don't have to go back to the room. We live in memphis and one day it is hot and humid and then by that night it is really cool. So I guess since we live in crazy we should pack for crazy.:lol::hammer::brick:

Ringo8n24

I am having trouble packing all of the dang cloths that I might or might not need. I am fine being in shorts and a t-shirt in the cool weather but my husband is not. We are packing a little bit of everything and we are going to carry a book bag with jackets for the parks so we don't have to go back to the room. We live in memphis and one day it is hot and humid and then by that night it is really cool. So I guess since we live in crazy we should pack for crazy.:lol::hammer::brick:

I feel your pain.:lol: I am in a panic because I have a meeting at work every night up until we leave for WDW next week, so I will be up late each night tossing more and more into the suitcase not knowing what to bring.:hammer: (I think they did the meeting thing to me because they are not real happy about me going). I would love for it to be cool, but comfortable at WDW. I can handle that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom