Must have souveniers?

momto3grr8tkids

Original Poster
What are the few things that are an absolute MUST as far as souveniers go for you?

I know for us this year it will be the golden ears, but not sure what else. Last time we went it was the full Cinderella getup for one of my daughters.

DisneyChik17

momto3grr8tkids said:
What are the few things that are an absolute MUST as far as souveniers go for you?

I know for us this year it will be the golden ears, but not sure what else. Last time we went it was the full Cinderella getup for one of my daughters.

I have a pink sequinced princess hat with a white sheer thing (don't know what you call it) with silver stars on top of it. I love that hat. Also, things that light up are good, espessialy when they spin.

Cynderella

DisneyChik17 said:
I have a pink sequinced princess hat with a white sheer thing (don't know what you call it) with silver stars on top of it. I love that hat.

I have that too! I get some funny looks being 22 and wearing it when all the other girls that have it on are under 12! haha oh well :p

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
This year it was the bride and groom ears. But on a normal trip I collect pin back buttons (not pins) (a very tough find this year only Animal Kingdom had one for sale), postcards, and magnets.

bluejasmine

This trip for me the must have will be the captain hooks ship snowglobe with all the PP characters on it...

I also have been trying to find the monorail magnet I have heard about...

rentNdisney

bluejasmine said:
This trip for me the must have will be the captain hooks ship snowglobe with all the PP characters on it...

I also have been trying to find the monorail magnet I have heard about...

if it's the one that talks when you press it, i looked for that one too last time i was in wdw, to only find out that they stopped making them :(

25and7

Account Suspended
Usually I like to get something everytime I go that reminds me of the past trip. For instance, this year I purchased a panoramic picture of MGM Studios to hang up in my room. Also, I bought a t-shirt from the ESPN Club (finally) and a shot glass from the ESPN Club as well.

The picture I bought I found at the Art of Disney store in Downtown Disney and I must say I love the picuture and it just constantly reminds me of my favorite place in the world.

MSTINKHERBELL01

I try to not buy things at the park because im such a fan of discounts...I always wait and purchase what I want at the Disney Outlet...HOWEVER....I must take home DISNEY CANDY from Magic Kingdom...must...must....must! :slurp:

DisneyFreak529

magnets... magnets..... & Pins ..... Pins!!

We always buy a magnet or two, our fridge is coved with magnets from places we have been.

We do not collect the pins or trade them, we just buy the ones we like! We have around 20-30 of our favorites. I put all my favorites on my Mickey hat w/Eve on the back. Chris puts all his in the china cabnet for all to see.

I love the silly stuff, tickets, parking stubs, photo tickets, napkins, anything free, I have a scrap book full or stuff like that.

Jenna

i had to have a shot glass from every park and one of those pink hats wit ears and u get ur name on the back ( in mk) and i bought mickey ears at fantasmic so they have the fantasisa hat on!!!ooooh and my fave thing a tinks pillow in the shape of a star sayin dreams!

mrtoad

For me, usually a watch and tee shirts.

My wife never wants much and if she does it is usually something from Epcot WS so you would not really know it was a Disney souvenier.

My daughter wants one of everything...

mrtoad

DisneyChik17 said:
And what's wrong with that? LOL! She is the princess after all, right?

I am kidding. HAHA!

She can be (at most times).

On our last trip we went way overboard. We had booked to stay at the Polynesian which is way about what we normally do and we stayed one night and switched resorts to POR as we had a very dirty room and some other issues. Anyway, long story short we spent the difference we saved on more souveniers which was a lot. She went home with Aurora, Jasmine and Cinderella costumes as well as a ton of hats, small little doohickys and every spinning light thing you can imagine.

On our next trip she is being given x amount of dollar bills for her souveniers and she will be told when they are gone there are no more and hopefully she will understand that (she is only 4).

DisneyChik17

mrtoad said:
On our next trip she is being given x amount of dollar bills for her souveniers and she will be told when they are gone there are no more and hopefully she will understand that (she is only 4).

Maybe that'll work. Seeing the cash actually leave always makes you grasp that it's not there anymore. Good luck with that!

mrtoad

DisneyChik17 said:
Maybe that'll work. Seeing the cash actually leave always makes you grasp that it's not there anymore. Good luck with that!

Thanks. We are going next month for a just planned surprise trip so I am not sure what she will be given as we are shooting from the hip on this trip. We are booked to go in January as we do every year and for that she is saving money we have been giving her for cleaning her room, etc. She has a goal of $100.00 before we leave...

WhenYouWish

This year, it's definately the golden ears, and maybe the Wishes soundtrack if it's available. And I also put off buying anything last weekend at Cirque du Soleil's NJ performance of Varekai so I would have more money to spend at their DD store when I see La Nouba on Tuesday! :sohappy: Not quite sure what I'm aiming to buy there yet...but I must purchase something!

Recently I tend to buy souvenirs (in WDW or anywhere) only if I see something I'd be absolutely devastated not to own. An easy way to curb souvenir spending I find is to think long and hard about what functional/decorative purpose/place the tempting object would truly have at home. As cute as it may seem at time of purchase, if there's no real use for it at home, it's not worth the money/space it will take up in the luggage. Except for those golden ears, that is. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom