Must-do list for World Showcase?

Chropistopy

Original Poster
I'm going to be at WDW on business next week. I'll have Sunday afternoon to spend in a park. Since I'll be alone, I want to do something that I've always wanted to do, but my family never wants to do....spend some time in World Showcase. We always hit the two rides and see The American Adventure...and that's about it. What are your "must-do's" for World Showcase?

Thanks!

wild01ride

Ahh...World Showcase is probably my favorite place in the "World"!

Well...
Mexico- San Angell Inn- Lunch or Dinner
El Rio del Tiempo- Boat Ride

Norway- Maelstrom- Boat Ride

Germany- Biergarten- Lunch or Dinner with the live show

USA- The American Adventure

UK- Rose and Crown Pub- Lunch or Dinner

France- Shops and Bakery

Japan- Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki Steakhouse- Dinner- fun by yourself or with any number of people (group seating)

That's what I came up with off the top of my head. Have fun! Going it alone can be a great way to experience World Showcase or any of WDW for that matter!

barnum42

School bread from Norway :slurp:
Check out the live performance schedule and see if something takes your fancy. Off Kilter is always a good bet.

brkgnews

Obviously, the rides... I also 'must-catch' the dinner show in Germany (Biergarten). It always reminds me of the festival scene in National Lampoons European Vacation. (Especially when the guys play the handbell things -- "those bells haven't rung in years!")

I also love to catch the mariachi band in Mexico -- the sound just wraps around you when they're playing inside the marketplace.

British Invasion is a great concert, too.

This is no big deal, but I also like to stop and look at Spaceship Earth "through the uprights" of the big red gate-thingy at the Japan pavillion.

Take a 'cruise' around the lagoon in the boats.

I always like to hit the toy shop in Germany. Playmobil rules!

And finally -- if at all possible, hang out long enough after IllumiNations and take the long way around Showcase to get out of the park. It's rediculously peaceful at night with not many other people around -- and the buildings are even more gorgeous when lit up at night.

WDWcouple

bgraham34 said:
Get drunk..... Thats always good there. I like the margaritas in mexico.

Ahhh a man like myself... I think when it comes to the World Showcase its nice to do a lap during the day while its cool outside during the winter... at night bundle up a little bit and start the brew flowing... When it comes to must sees at the World Showcase after dark I will put my top 5 below

5 -- Fiesta Margarita in Mexico
4 -- Sam Adams and a Turkey Leg in America
3 -- 24oz Becks in Germany
2 -- White Wine Flight in Germany with a Toblerone Choclolate
1 -- MOOSEHEAD IN CANADA!!!!!! (Also the Best place to watch Illuminations)

Lauriebar

I would also recommend eating lunch at the Biergarten in Germany. The show is fun and you can watch others get up and dance or do so yourself!! Also, since the seating is banquet style you have a chance to meet great new people.

If you haven't ever seen Impressions de France before you should take the time to experience it as well. Very relaxing and exciting at the same time.

TheDisneyGirl02

I would just take time to appreciate the settings of the different countries. When I was just playing in the park one day during my CP, I went into the countries and explored them rather than just running in and running out. In Morrocco for instance, there is a meditation room. It was there as of 2 years ago. There are many little things to do like that! Have fun!

TheDisneyGirl02

KevinPage

Watch the live entertainment in each countries and explore some of the gift shops.

But see Illuminations, it's the best thing at WDW period :)

M. Racer

WDWcouple said:
Ahhh a man like myself... I think when it comes to the World Showcase its nice to do a lap during the day while its cool outside during the winter... at night bundle up a little bit and start the brew flowing... When it comes to must sees at the World Showcase after dark I will put my top 5 below

5 -- Fiesta Margarita in Mexico
4 -- Sam Adams and a Turkey Leg in America
3 -- 24oz Becks in Germany
2 -- White Wine Flight in Germany with a Toblerone Choclolate
1 -- MOOSEHEAD IN CANADA!!!!!! (Also the Best place to watch Illuminations)
Don't forget a Guiness in Great Britain!! :slurp:

Kwit35

I think the key here is, take your time. You are on nobody's schedule but your own. I would not be one to get drunk, in the park anyway. I want to enjoy the setting without distortion. Now eating around the world, yum. If I were there alone, I would take my time and eat at least one thing from each country. Maybe talk to the CM's at each country. Would definitely hit all the rides, show, movies, live bands...
I am running the Disney Marathon, in January. My only regret is that I will have to run past all these countries and not get to eat a bite!

DigitalDisney

Of course, the rides are manditory

Don't forget the entertainment. Off Kilter, Mo'Rockin, Mexican Mariachi Band (I forgot their name), etc...

Drinks sound like a good idea, if you partake in drinking. Try to get drinks that you can't get anywhere else...

Why are you not going to Future World? Why not check out Mission Space and Test Track? You can also spend a lot of time over at Innoventions (exhibits, fountain shows, Ice Station Cool)

WDWcouple

Ah and if you do go to ice station cool I would definitly recommed about 5 glasses of Beverly.. mmm mmm mmm :slurp:

(wink wink nudge nudge)

Tenny317

World Showcase is my favorite part of DIsney! I love how it is so beautiful and so many different things and people are bopping around! I just love lesiurly walking around the showcase...taking it all in. My favorite part of course is the shoppin! Take time to go into each countries store(s). You will find so many interesting differnt things that are not normal here in the ole USA. When I go in September I already know I need to buy cookies and chopsticks from Japan! There are so many beautiful things in showcase! I also love eating at mexico's fast food resturant and having some desert in France! Oh so yummy!! :slurp:

Chropistopy

Original Poster
Thanks for so many responses!! I'm definitely going to print this thread out...

Someone was asking about Future world...I am planning on hitting a few spots in Future World....SE and M:S are a must.

Keep the suggestions coming...I'm so excited to be able to explore the park on my own and not have to keep up with a group. :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom