Music Question

schaefer82

Original Poster
Does anyone know the composer of the classical music piece that is used in the Impressions de France movie and in the begining of Beauty and the Beast? I love the music and would like to buy it but I'm not having any luck tracking it down. Any insight is greatly appreciated!

allabtbrdway

schaefer82 said:
Does anyone know the composer of the classical music piece that is used in the Impressions de France movie and in the begining of Beauty and the Beast? I love the music and would like to buy it but I'm not having any luck tracking it down. Any insight is greatly appreciated!

well I know alan menken did beauty and the beast...

Skippy

I think there are a few different classical pieces used in Impressions de France. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not sure what ones are used though.

schaefer82

Original Poster
Yes there are several pieces used, I'm only interested in the one thats the same as the one that is played in the intro/back story (part with the stained glass windows illustrating the narrator) of beauty and the beast. I'm assuming it's a classical piece and not anything that was written recently.

Skippy

Oh, I understand what you're saying now. My misunderstanding..

allearsnet said:
Concerto for Harp and Orchestra by Francois-Adrien Boieldieu
Claire de Lune (orchestral arrangment) by Claude Debussy
Nocturne No 1 (Nuages) and Nocturne No 3 (Sirenes) by Claude Debussy
Syrinx Solo for Flute by Claude Debussy
Le Peri Fanfare (played twice) by Paul A. Dukas
Gaite Parisienne (played thrice) by Jacques Offenbach
Daphnis et Chloe Suite #2 (Daybreak section) by Maurice Ravel
Aquarium from Carnival of the Animals (played twice) by Camille Saint-Saens
Aquarium from Carnival of the Animals Solo for Flute by Camille Saint-Saens
Finale from Carnival of the Animals by Camille Saint-Saens
Trois Gymnopedies #1 by Erik Satie orchestrated by Debussy
link.

Those are the tracks I found, and i don't see Alan Menken or David Friedman (Composer/Conductor for Beauty and the Beast) :veryconfu

wickedfan07

Are you referring to the music at the opening of Impressions de France? I just listened to both, and I'm pretty sure they are two completely different songs. They do sound very similar though. Maybe the classical piece was an inspiration for the introduction for Beauty and the Beast.

Skippy

Okay, I'm pretty sure the Beauty and the Beast music you're talking about (The Prologue?) is not in Impressions de France... However, you may be thinking about Carnival of the Animals - Aquarium composed by Camille Saint-Saens. This isn't the best version.. but have a listen.
Let me know if that's what you were thinking of or not. :wave:

clarkstallings

Other than the dark sounds of both pieces, the prologue from BATB and Aquarium from Carnival of Animals are totally different. I have the piano score for BATB and Carnival and can vouch as I've played both. It always bothers me when people say they are the same thing. Off my soapbox now.

Madison

Aquarium pops up a lot. In addition to its use in Impressions de France, it was also used as the original soundtrack for Disneyland's Space Mountain (the surf guitar arrangement) and in commercials for the Disney Cruise Line. I love it.

Jerm

It is Camille Saint-Saens, I know the part you are refering to very well. If you get any of the WDW cd's they have some of the music all mixed from IdF it is a amazing piece.

J

schaefer82

Original Poster
Thanks for the help everyone. After playing the link that SkipKid posted of Camille Saint-Saens along side of my BATB dvd I see that you are all correct, they are not the same. My mistake! Camille Saint-Saens is definitely the one I was thinking of from Impressions. Thanks again!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom