Murder Mystery Attraction in Downtown Disney

antoinebusby

Original Poster
Hi all,

Can anyone confirm if there is a place in Downtown Disney where they do the CLUE type "Murder Mystery" thing where you try to figure out who killed who?

Thanks!

BellaBlue

Hi There Antoinebusby! :wave:
A fellow "cajun" :sohappy:
I'm from a little town called Berwick, just east of Baton Rouge.
Anyway, to answer your question...I think there is a place in PI called the Adventure's Club, and I do think that it is some sort of Clue type Club. Please don't quote me on that, I was in it once about six years ago, and didn't stay for the show, too many people. If you have any questions, I'm sure if you call Disney they will be able to give you some information.

EchoOfOphelia

I've never heard that and we always spend a great deal of time in Downtown Disney. I haven't gone since last Feb though. It sounds like fun! Where did you hear this rumor?

triparkal

Originally posted by BellaBlue
Hi There Antoinebusby! :wave:
A fellow "cajun" :sohappy:
I'm from a little town called Berwick, just east of Baton Rouge.
Anyway, to answer your question...I think there is a place in PI called the Adventure's Club, and I do think that it is some sort of Clue type Club. Please don't quote me on that, I was in it once about six years ago, and didn't stay for the show, too many people. If you have any questions, I'm sure if you call Disney they will be able to give you some information.

There is NO murder mystery theater at the Adventurer's Club. But you can go in and ask... i'm sure the folks there would love to have fun with that.
-john v

ChrisTUK

It's highly unlikely that there will be a murder mystery attraction at downtown disney. The original concept idea was based around a murder mystery but disney scraped the idea before it hit the drawing board due to the fact that it was based around murder. Disney doesn't like the idea of having attractions based around murder. I could be wrong however, maybe they've had a change of heart.

ChrisTUK

sorry there is a typo on my original post. What I was meant to say was the original concept idea for the tower of terror was a murder mystery....

sorry for the confusion

wdwfan22

I'm not aware of anything like that at Downtown Disney, however there is a Murder Watch Mystery Theater at the Grosvenor hotel. The Grosvenor is located on Hotel Plaza Blvd in the Downtown Disney area. This takes place on Saturday at 6 and 8:45 p.m.

Hope that helps:animwink:

wdwvip3

Originally posted by BellaBlue
Then maybe you CAN tell us what exactly the Adventure's Club is, since you seem to be an expert on it.

Adventure Club is a very exciting place to spend the night. The club is full of clue-ish characters.. with a little bit of a twist. *Ditzy French Maid, Nature Boy, Flirty Club President...* They have a bar and a nice sitting area.. the whole club is decorated with items from "around the world" some of which will talk to you throughout the night (sort of like the talking trees in AK, but better).. makes for an interesting sight. They have different improv shows in *I believe* 4 different rooms throughout the night finished with the last show called the HoopLa! *hoopla!* They have several shows throughout the night.. I'm not sure how many but it is a fun time. I have not been able to see all the shows, but I would very often attend the HoopLa.. Saddly they have different casts and no night was as good as the first cast. Worth checking out!!! :sohappy:

Pioneer Hall

The Murder Mystery dinner is located in the Grosvenor Resort. If you are staying at a Disney resort, you can take a bus to DTD and then easilly walk to the Grosvenor if you are interested in going there. I heard that the dinner if very nice and a lot of fun.

meekoman

I don't know if it is still open, but there was a place off I drive near Wet n Wild called Sleuth that was a dinner type theater that you got to mingle with the cast and figure out who was the culprit.

Originally posted by wdwfan22
I'm not aware of anything like that at Downtown Disney, however there is a Murder Watch Mystery Theater at the Grosvenor hotel. The Grosvenor is located on Hotel Plaza Blvd in the Downtown Disney area. This takes place on Saturday at 6 and 8:45 p.m.

Hope that helps:animwink:

From wut i heard this is a great show also. i tried to do it last yeat with my mom and dad but decide to go to a park and hangout in Downtown Disney that night.

ToTBellHop

I'm staying at the Grosvenor this summer, but don't think I'll have time for the Murder Mystery show, even though I will eat at Baskervilles, where it is held. It can't be a bad show--it's in its 12th season and still sells out shows. Incidentally, Baskervilles has a Sherlock Holmes museum with a replical of Sherlock's office:)

Merlin

Account Suspended
Originally posted by GoblinUK
Sleuth's is quality, ive been quite a few times, most recenlty this time last year. Its well worth checking out

I absolutely recommend Sleuth's! It is the best murder mystery show ever. I've seen it a number of times (they have quite a few different shows) and it is well worth the trip out to International Drive (it's just up the street from Wet N Wild). You can check out their website at www.sleuths.com and it will list a calendar of which shows are playing when. Try to see either "GK's 80th Birthday", "The Show Must Go On" or "Kim and Scott Tie the Knot". Those are the three best out of all of them. As a matter of fact, I just saw "Tony And Tina's Wedding" in Vegas last night and was thoroughly disappointed because I kept comparing it to "Kim and Scott Tie the Knot" at Sleuth's. With all due respect to the show at the Grosvenor (which is also good and certainly more convenient to get to), Sleuth's is substantially better in my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom