Muppet History Presentation

hystericalbende

Original Poster
Can anyone share a little more detail about the Muppet presentation at Magic Kingdom? There aren't many details on the Disney site. My 2-year old likes the Muppets, but depending on length and content, she might not be up for the full show. Has anyone tried this with small kids? Is it easy to exit early if it doesn't work out? Also, is it a movie or more live action with either costumed characters or animatronics? I appreciate your feedback!

NYwdwfan

Can anyone share a little more detail about the Muppet presentation at Magic Kingdom? There aren't many details on the Disney site. My 2-year old likes the Muppets, but depending on length and content, she might not be up for the full show. Has anyone tried this with small kids? Is it easy to exit early if it doesn't work out? Also, is it a movie or more live action with either costumed characters or animatronics? I appreciate your feedback!
It's an outdoor show that takes place in some of the second floor windows near the entrance to the Hall of Presidents. You can either stop and watch or continue to walk. I think there is a video of the show on this site - I will post a link if I can find it.

ETA: here's the link: https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...eat-moments-in-american-history/video/342.htm

KCheatle

They tell different historical stories from Colonial America throughout the day. There are several different shows every hour or couple hours or so. People do stand and watch while others continue to walk by. It's very informal. However, I think it is absolutely hilarious. My kids are a bit older, so they actually do understand some of the history and, therefore, the humor in how the Muppets tell history. I very much enjoyed it and if I could spare an entire day to watch each story I would. But, I've got roller coasters to ride and sorcerers to help defeat Hades, so I cannot. ;)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
There is some (not much) in the Christmas shop across from where the show is performed.

Thought you’d like to see the show times.
2F38021F-5B0C-48BB-ACA2-E72B857E4D9E.jpeg

Weather_Lady

It's terrific! The show (I think there are two different versions which tell completely different stories, and they alternate throughout the day) is brief and very entertaining, and is situated high up enough in the building (which is just to your right, if you're standing at the entrance to HoP) that you can walk up a few minutes before it starts and be assured of a great view. We're giant dorks so we get there 15 minutes before it starts, which means we're the first ones to get there and can stand right in front (CMs will put a rope on the ground to cordon off the viewing area and will chase away anyone who tries to step between the rope and the show building, so if you're standing just behind the rope, you're in the "front".)

clarabellej

I’ve never fully watched this, but intended to do so on our next to last trip (probably the year it started). We’ve been frequently and I am always searching for anything new. We were having late lunch in Columbia Harbor House and I was waiting for my teens to finish up. I left them behind and popped out the back/side door of Columbia Harbor House and was able to walk right up to the cluster of people that had gathered for the presentation. Very informal. People standing, some sitting. Some just passing thru. It has the feel of being impromptu, although apparently they are scheduled. So yes, you could easily walk away if your child becomes restless. My two older kids did not want to sit still that day, lol. I think we were en route to catching the last raft over to Tom Sawyer Island. I am kind of nutty when it comes to my planning and had it all lined up. The best laid plans....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom