Multiple tickets on MDE

BrianV

Original Poster
Ok, I've asked a similar question before but I'm really confused. I have the following:

A). 2 park and 7 waters left on a 10 day ph+water no expire--tickets were converted to RFID before linking
B). 8 park left on a 10 day ph no expire--linked as non RFID tickets and I only have paper tickets
C). (And now an unused 10 day ph+water no expire--RFID)

With these tickets I should be set for about 15 years. But I'm confused about the whole prioritization thingie in MDE. Right now only the first two tickets are linked to MDE and I might keep it that way for a few years, but I don't know how they are prioritized--is it based on the order I entered them into MDE?. And I don't really care which tickets are used in which order as long as I can use them whenever I want. Must be some experts out there who understand how it works.

My questions are:
If A is prioritized ahead of B and I use the two park tickets, when I go for a third day to the parks, will it skip to B seeing as there are no park days left, or will I need to re prioritize the tickets?

If B is prioritized ahead of A and I go to a water park, will it be smart enough to see that there are no water park admissions on B and to go next to A?

And finally, if I add C to MDE, can you prioritize three tickets in MDE?

Thanks for any help you can provide. And if this had been explained elsewhere, I'd love to know where.

Tom

Beta Return
Based on everything I've read (I try to follow all these issues as best I can), as you add tickets to your MDE account, it just creates a pool of days, using all the same type of days (i.e. consolidates PH+NoExp tickets)....within the app. And then it uses them in some fashion that it sees fit. Probably oldest first.

But yes, if you have a 2-day PH and 8-day PH both linked, it will see that you have 10 PH days and let you book FP+ accordingly. It just becomes a pile of allocations from which it extracts in an unknown manner.

BrianV

Original Poster
Thanks. Do you think it works the same way with "water parks and more"?

I figure it will work or not, but I wish I understood before I got there.

BrianV

Original Poster
As a follow-up, I noticed on the new version of mde for ipad, it actually lists the number of days remaining. Which is pretty cool...or else I just never noticed it before.

For my park hopper, it correctly lists 8 days remaining. For the park hopper + wf&m it lists 7 days remaining, which is actually the number of water park admissions left, not the number of park admissions left.

Do they list the higher number? Or does anyone know what they list?

I miss the old tickets with stamps which you could just look at and know...

Tom

Beta Return
As a follow-up, I noticed on the new version of mde for ipad, it actually lists the number of days remaining. Which is pretty cool...or else I just never noticed it before.

For my park hopper, it correctly lists 8 days remaining. For the park hopper + wf&m it lists 7 days remaining, which is actually the number of water park admissions left, not the number of park admissions left.

Do they list the higher number? Or does anyone know what they list?

I miss the old tickets with stamps which you could just look at and know...

Hmmmm....not sure. Might want to call them.

BrianV

Original Poster
So I got back and here is what I learned:

They seem to put the most recently added ticket in MDE to the top of the priority list, though this doesn't seem to be a rule necessarily.

My non-expire park hopper wf&m tickets are indeed listed in MDE with days remaining of the WF&M, not the park hopper days. But they were all there in the system. The ticket windows at both Epcot and DHS were both able to access this information with ease for me.

Bonus: last time we were there we upgraded my daughter who was turning from a child to an adult (for free). At the time there were 3 park hopper days and 8 wf&m days. Apparently during the conversion, they turned it into an adult ticket with 10 park hopper days and 10 wf&m days. I'll consider this a bit of unexpected pixie dust. (7 non-expire hopper days with 2 wf&m days is would not be cheap!)

Otherwise, FP+ worked perfectly! even changing FP+ reservations in the fly. On a crowded day, FP+ is. Life saver.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom