MSEP leaving WDW in October ...

What nighttime parade would you like to see at WDW?

• Total voters

MaxxStephen

Original Poster
So its been confirmed that MSEP is leaving WDW in October and running in Disneyland for a limited time. People are also saying that WDW will be getting Paint The Night for a limited time. I don't know if that part is true at all, but if it is, I would LOVE the chance to get to see PTN at WDW.

My question to all you lovely people is, do you think WDW will be getting PTN, or do you think we will have a new nighttime parade in the future. I would love to see somewhat of a "Spectromagic" revival, though I know it's not a huge possibility, as half the floats were destroyed "they say."

I don't mind change at all when it's for the best, and although I'll miss MSEP sooooo much, I do think it's time for an upgrade!

SaLeone

I do think it is time for an upgrade. This parade had a VERY lengthy run with WDW & I believe this parade will thrive in Disneyland based on its reputation as a classic in WDW. However, I did feel over my last few visits that the whole "look" of the parade was very 80s/90s. With all of the new technology that Disney has to offer, I believe it is just a matter of time before we get a revamped light/color parade at night in MK. With that being said, I will still miss this parade dearly.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Well rather bummed for my upcoming trip, it was first parade I ever saw at WDW back in the early 90's. I was happy to see it back last trip...guess it will be nice to see a new parade but I still even more so miss Spectromagic.....;). Would it be that difficult to devise a new parade to the old soundtrack or a revised similar one?

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

This honestly makes me extremely sad. I actually hadn't set and watched it for a while but I sorta just liked "knowing it was there". We have multiple videos of it. I loved eating at the Plaza while it was going on or doing the Dessert Party while it was happening. My favorite place to watch a parade is to watch the Halloween parade in Liberty Square and to watch the Headless Horseman ride by. I'm sure most would like to see Spectro again. So are they just gonna flat out not have a night parade for a while until they come up with a new one or what?

belledream

I would love for a Spectromagic revival...listening to the music always makes me want to burst out into tears - not sure if happy or sad.

Or Paint the Night. For me, that's synonymous with 'something new' anyways.

Even though MSEP is not my favorite, I'm glad I'll be able to catch it one more time before it's gone.

brb1006

I would love for a Spectromagic revival...listening to the music always makes me want to burst out into tears - not sure if happy or sad.

Or Paint the Night. For me, that's synonymous with 'something new' anyways.

Even though MSEP is not my favorite, I'm glad I'll be able to catch it one more time before it's gone.
Can't forget the finale for Spectromagic. It used to have bells and chimes at the final float with Minnie,Donald and Jiminy

tglancy

One of my favorite memories from my last trip, and maybe favorite Disney memories ever, was riding Splash Mountain while MSEP was going on and taking it in as you weave in and out of the mountain. It was the first time my kids were really old enough to stay super late at the parks and we had done the wishes dessert earlier in the night and it was just the best way to end the day. I'll miss it.

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
I'm honestly so excited about this change! Every time I watch this parade I just feel like it has run its course. I know it will be missed by many, but I'm looking forward to whatever new magic may be coming because I think it's long overdue. :)

brb1006

I'm honestly so excited about this change! Every time I watch this parade I just feel like it has run its course. I know it will be missed by many, but I'm looking forward to whatever new magic may be coming because I think it's long overdue. :)
I just hope they go back to using an orchestrated music with better looking floats.

Minnie Mum

I am not a happy camper. All I know is the night parade will be gone as of early October. If Disney has plans to bring in a new parade at all, why haven't they said so? Even their usual, oh so vague "coming in 2017"? Call me a pessimist, but I'm not going to jump up and down with excitement until i hear something from Disney. And yes, as much as I like MSEP, I do think it's time for something new. But I don't think it will be PTN.

rk03221

I used to work the parades at disney and i think it will be so much better to not have a parade for awhile because of the crowds, it was so hard to enjoy Main street at night because of that parade. No one liked working it either, and no one knew how it could still run, it was so old and would break down all the time, the cms are very happy to see it leave but its bittersweet. I hope it doesnt get ruined like spectro did because the parade did get rained on quite a few times while I was working there and Im sure that cant be too good for it. Also, alot of people dont know this but festival of fantasy is also meant to be a nighttime parade too, there are lights on the floats and such, so it would be interesting to see that at night, there were always rumors of it

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Welp, it appears that my most recent time seeing MSEP was also my last. I even got a PhotoPass picture with the parade logo. I think the parade had a good run here in Florida, contrary to what most people think. It sure does stink that the most interesting nighttime electrical show WDW will have now is the Electrical Water Pageant.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

If Paint the Night comes to town I'll be sure to hit some more rides in that time period. Hopefully something other than paint the night. On the other hand in very happy to see that Disneyland will get to see a long something they have been longing to see on Main Street since 1996. I just hope Paint the Night stays on the west coast and goes to DCA while Magic Kingdom gets their dose of nalstalgia in some way as well. Paint the night is set to end September 5th but it is said it might be scheduled for select nights around Christmas season which leaves me to thing that it's staying on the west coast or that's being packed up as well.

Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I'm one of the very few who are not sad to see it go. The music was annoying and the parade was so outdated. Instead of us swapping parades with DLR, I'd like to see something developed just for WDW. Something really bang up and only run once at night.

Never saw Spectromagic. Would love to see something the caliber of Festival of Fantasy or Boo to You. We could use a few more fire breathing dragons. Wouldn't that be spectacular at night? Something that is an appropriate opener for Wishes.

Moonrayvin

Would love to see something the caliber of Festival of Fantasy or Boo to You. We could use a few more fire breathing dragons. Wouldn't that be spectacular at night? Something that is an appropriate opener for Wishes.

YES!! YES!! YES!! Bring in some more of the whimsical fantasy and fierceness of the fairy tales!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom