Mr. Toads wild ride

mandib

Original Poster
I think that was the name of it. I remember the first time I went out it I was 5 and actually thought I was driving. I really like the new Whinnie the Pooh ride but I liked this one 2. I was disappointed when I came back in 2000 to find it gone. I know things have to go but I think they could have used other places to build it in. Such as where the (I can't remember the name you know the one where you'd would be on those things that almost looked like a ski lift and took you across the park) was. All it is a character greeting area they really could do more with it. I'm sure others of you agree right? What other rides have you liked that are now gone? (Horizons was another one I liked)

BRER STITCH

I was psyched to find MR. TOAD alive and hopping in DisneyLand when I went last summer!

I like POOH-n-Friends, but that ride is admittedly pretty lame!

If you get the chance, be sure to visit TOAD HALL in California! It brought back some GREAT memories!

Rrrrrrrriiiiiibbbbbiiiiitttttt!

:cool:

The_CEO

Mr Toad will be missed at WDW... As much as Toad is missed by me.. I like a change.. and Pooh WAS that change...

EchoOfOphelia

I hate Winnie the Pooh

I don't mean to be blatently unkind, but I hate Winnie the Pooh. When I learned that my beloved Mr. Toad's Wild Ride would be replaced by that bear, I was sooo mad. I have boycotted that ride ever since, I've never ridden it. I would love to go to Disneyland and see Mr. Toad there!

I sincerely apologize if I have offended anyone with my Winnie the Pooh comments.

meanmice

I never got to ride Mr. Toad. I'm still pretty upset about that. When I went the first two times no one would go with me because my mom had ridden it before and didn't like it and my dad and brother didn't care to do it. In fact there are a lot of old rides in Fantacy land that I never rode until 2001. I'm sad to say that Mr. Toad was not one of them. Hopefully someday I will get to go to california and experiance it, but the chances of that are slim to none.

meeko_33785

Iwould consider myself a fan of Disney's film version of the Wind and the Willows, but I was just not fond at all of the ride. It just seemed like a dark, confusingjumble of scenes that just didn't capture the spirit of the story very well. As much as I liked Mr. Toad, I don't miss the Wild Ride at all. I like the Pooh ride much better. It' cute and has some nice effects.

cymbaldiva

Re: I hate Winnie the Pooh

Originally posted by EchoOfOphelia
I don't mean to be blatently unkind, but I hate Winnie the Pooh. When I learned that my beloved Mr. Toad's Wild Ride would be replaced by that bear, I was sooo mad. I have boycotted that ride ever since, I've never ridden it. I would love to go to Disneyland and see Mr. Toad there!

I sincerely apologize if I have offended anyone with my Winnie the Pooh comments.

I've never been on it either -

I'm still mourning "Toad"... :(

EthylCooper

I never got to ride Mr. Toad. I made my first WDW visit (coincidentally) the week Pooh opened. Mr. Toad and the Haunted Mansion redress are the two biggest reasons I'm trying to plan a Disneyland trip this December. Wish me luck! :)

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by EthylCooper
I never got to ride Mr. Toad. I made my first WDW visit (coincidentally) the week Pooh opened. Mr. Toad and the Haunted Mansion redress are the two biggest reasons I'm trying to plan a Disneyland trip this December. Wish me luck! :)

Good Luck!!!

I've never been to DL - I hope you have a fabulous time! :)

Please tell Mr. Toad "Hi!" for me....I miss him....:(

EthylCooper

Originally posted by cymbaldiva
Good Luck!!!

I've never been to DL - I hope you have a fabulous time! :)

Please tell Mr. Toad "Hi!" for me....I miss him....:(

Thanks! I've never been either, and I can't wait to go! I just need to talk a friend or two into going with me....I hate to go alone! (But I will if I have to!) And I'll be sure to give Mr. Toad your regards...I'll bet he misses you too! :D :wave:

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by EthylCooper
Thanks! I've never been either, and I can't wait to go! I just need to talk a friend or two into going with me....I hate to go alone! (But I will if I have to!) And I'll be sure to give Mr. Toad your regards...I'll bet he misses you too! :D :wave:

Thanks!

Please remember to share a trip report with us - I really do just live for the reports!! They're as close as I get to being there! :animwink:

EthylCooper

Thanks!

Please remember to share a trip report with us - I really do just live for the reports!! They're as close as I get to being there! :animwink:

You know, I really meant to after my October and December trips, but after October I was really sick and after December....I guess just a combination of busy and shy. :lookaroun But if I do make it to DL, I won't let you down! In fact, I'll try to remember to make trip reports of my WDW visits this May and October, too.

*sigh* May is so far away.....:(

(sorry for the thread drift, btw)

cymbaldiva

Hey - it's okay! :)

I know that I'd be really nervous about writing a trip report too...If/when I go again though, I will (I think!)

Please do share your story though...I personally haven't been in soooo long - I really do live thru the reports!

jrashadb

Hey - it's okay! :)

I know that I'd be really nervous about writing a trip report too...If/when I go again though, I will (I think!)

Please do share your story though...I personally haven't been in soooo long - I really do live thru the reports!

Well, hurry up and come back so you won't have to live through trip reports... heh

EthylCooper

Originally posted by MicBat
Is the "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride" at Disney Land much different than the one that used to reside at WDW?

I'll let you know in December! :D (Hopefully!)

(Edit--actually, I'll have to just tell you how the DL one is and let you guys tell the differences!)

NakedMickey

I really miss Mr. Toad's Wild Ride also. But at least the imagineers paid homage to the ride that was there before. I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this before but, when you ride "Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" keep you eyes peeled when you get to the part of the ride when you are inside the house that is like rocking back and forth. If you look the the left you'll see a picture on the wall of Mr. Toad handing a deed to Winnie the Pooh

imagineer boy

Originally posted by NakedMickey
I really miss Mr. Toad's Wild Ride also. But at least the imagineers paid homage to the ride that was there before. I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this before but, when you ride "Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" keep you eyes peeled when you get to the part of the ride when you are inside the house that is like rocking back and forth. If you look the the left you'll see a picture on the wall of Mr. Toad handing a deed to Winnie the Pooh

No, Mr. Toad is handing the deed to Owl.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom