Mother's day in Disney :)

ELG13

I'm about to put our deposit down for the week of mother's day. Check in monthers day and leave Saturday. The hubs seems a little apprehensive this trip because we are going to get APs. I've done the math a million times and it saves us $400 even if we never go back this year. This will be our first May trip. We used to do October (ohhhh how I miss those low crowd October days) and the last 2 years it's been September. We cancelled last year and I just can't wait until September to go again. Are the water parks too cold in May?? I live in Florida but I'm 6 hours north so the weather is a little different. I'm so excited to be spending mother's day in my favorite place!!

Chi84

Premium Member
We go every year in May and October, and we much prefer the weather in May. It's definitely less rainy and humid in May. We are always able to visit the water parks then, although we did have one day during a week-long visit that would have been too cool, in my opinion.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Its a great time to go. DS and I have taken advantage of the Mothers Day breakfasts and surprised DW with Mothers Days pins and other gifts. Enjoy. And why not surprise the hub with a Fathers day trip too?

Upvote 0

bigorangeandy

May is a great time, the summer crowds have not arrived spring break crowds are gone and the humidity isn't at peak summer levels. I think it will be plenty warm for your trip.

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
Awesome y'all!!! I'm so excited to go! I'm having withdrawals lol! Secondary question...does anyone know when they will post the discounts for may for APs? I looked on mouse savers and it said it's 25-40 for APs (this year's May discount) but all I've seen from deals are through April. Just wondering what the cabins will be.

Upvote 0
We went May 6-12 in 2018, and it was great. It did feel like almost summer, but highs were about 90 at most on some days (not too bad) and we had no rain the entire week until departure day. (Right after we left, it rained for two weeks straight.) We had a great time. The Flower and Garden Festival was beautiful! It was a good time for us to go. We've talked about going during the same time frame for our next trip, though it may be a couple more years before we go back.

Upvote 0

aperitif

Awesome y'all!!! I'm so excited to go! I'm having withdrawals lol! Secondary question...does anyone know when they will post the discounts for may for APs? I looked on mouse savers and it said it's 25-40 for APs (this year's May discount) but all I've seen from deals are through April. Just wondering what the cabins will be.
We usually notice AP resort discounts in January for our May visits.

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Been many times during the year, and May is by far our favorite time. Great weather and moderate to low crowds. We water parks many, many times in early May. You'll have a great time.

Upvote 0

The_Jobu

Anyone know of any Mother's Day brunches/dinners around WDW this year? All I found so far were Trail's End, Homecomin and Wine Bar George.

I thought there would be a ton.

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
Anyone know of any Mother's Day brunches/dinners around WDW this year? All I found so far were Trail's End, Homecomin and Wine Bar George.

I thought there would be a ton.
I didn't look do any mother's day specific dinners but it was definitely slim pickings for a decent place and time that day for an ADR. I'm also about 100 days behind for the adrs so I know that's why.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom