motel on or off the grounds

lnmjameson

We stayed at Holiday Inn Family Suites & Resort. It was a great hotel that focused a lot on kids. Since we had 4 in tow, it was perfect without the high price of the Disney Hotels.

Check Mousesavers.com. They have some great rates for both on & off.

Upvote 0

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
We stay at the All Star resorts...the price is right (since we spend little time in our room anyway), and the perks are awesome (E-ride nights, bus service to parks....keys that double as your park passes, disney atmosphere, etc)

Upvote 0

James123

Account Suspended
On property is better.

Originally posted by Fievel
We stay at the All Star resorts...the price is right (since we spend little time in our room anyway), and the perks are awesome (E-ride nights, bus service to parks....keys that double as your park passes, disney atmosphere, etc)

Got to agree with Fievel on this one. Sure, you can find a less expensive motel near Downtown Disney (but not much less). Many years ago I used to stay at the Motel 6 on Rt. 192 and drive in every day. Holiday Inn has a nice motel just outside of Animal Kingdom and it's very low priced. IMO if price is your issue, stay at the All-Stars Resort.

Upvote 0

Lance

It all depends on what you wanna do.

If you wanna spend a majority of your time at your hotel, then you obvioulsy want to stay at a WDW resort.

If you wanna go to the parks most of the time than stay off-site.

For me, I have to stay at a WDW resort, because I spend the majority soaking in the resort. I can spend my whole trip in the Polynesian, the Conemporary or Fort Wilderness.

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Do you have a car? If not, definitely stay on property. I've stayed off property a couple of times and rode the free shuttles to the parks. It's not worth it. Stay on property and take a disney bus.

It also depends on when you are going. If you are going during spring and easter breaks, I would suggest staying on property and taking the bus to the parks.

Upvote 0

orlpassholder

being a local of orlando. I tell people usually when travleing to stay on property for security reasons. I will be honest I Drive is not the tourist friendly place they make it sound like... I would just feel more secure being on Disney property then off it if I was staying. Also prices are not that high right now we are still trying to make up for the low counts over the holidays etc. You could always find a deal. Plus there are shuttle services to the airport/disney property etc.. just my 2 cents

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
I've done both too, and if you have the money, stay on site. Along with the convenience of on site, you just get a better vacation theme by staying on site.

Last trip out we stayed and the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I don't think we'll ever stay anywere else unless Disney builds a better resort that AKL. It's a wonderful place, highly recommend it to all.

I've stayed at motels and hotels outside the park, and while you do save money, you loose the magic every night when you leave the Disney grounds.

And isn't the point of going to WDW is to get away from everyday life for a while. Save your pennys now, and splerge them on a on property Disney Hotel. You wont be sorry.

Upvote 0
Mousesavers.com saved me about $110 for the week at All-Star movie. You can search for specials all over the web. If you are staying on site you wont need a rental car as you would off site so that would save some money. Its nice to be around Disney 24 hours a day. :D

Upvote 0

David

I have to agree with a lot of other folks---definately stay in Disney and in an All Star if you are going to the parks a lot. We always stay there and everything we need is close by.
We are always at the parks from the minute they open until they close. (Well maybe one day we come back so our son can go the pool). Otherwise, all we need is a place to sleep, take a shower, and change. Why pay a lot more for a room you will be in?

Upvote 0

NowInc

Before I moved up here, I used to stay off site. Basically..what you do is you go to either Mc.Donalds or Dennys..and pick up one of those free "map books"....in there you will find TONS of coupouns for off-site hotels. I have stayed in Kissimee for 21 bucks a night or so..and its only a few miles from the front gate of MK...this of course is great IF you have a car. If not...id say stay on disney property...

Upvote 0

Beauty and the

We've stayed both on and off Disney property, anyone who tells you to stay off property for any other reason other than price is kidding themselves.
Staying on porperty means the magic starts the minute you go through the Disney Gates and seems to last a lot longer.
Stay in the property that suits you, your family and your pocket.
the differnce between "All Stars " and any of the moderates is huge and well worth the price difference, but where ever you stay you'll have a wonderful time.:D

Upvote 0

wdwmaniac

Stay on Disney I love all the Disney Hotels and they have all different privce ranges. If you stay off the Disney grounds stay at Marriott or Courtyard they are usally nice hotels.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom