Most Unique Meal at Disney World

Jnorth0728

Original Poster
This trip will be my first using the DDP, and as such I plan on being more adventurous than usual. I have never eaten Duck or Lamb, but I plan on trying both this trip. My questions is what is the most unique or bizarre meal you have had at Disney? I have heard something about Wild Boar at Jiko, but have yet to try it.

belledream

I've loved my duck experiences at Yak & Yeti and Kona Café. Lamb is more common around restaurants and I love me some lamb too!

The most bizzare thing I ate was probably a Venison 'sausage' from Food & Wine. Can't say I cared for it much... :p

I'm thinking of trying Bison at Cali Grill on this trip. That'd definitely be something new for me!

Jnorth0728

Original Poster
I've loved my duck experiences at Yak & Yeti and Kona Café. Lamb is more common around restaurants and I love me some lamb too!

The most bizzare thing I ate was probably a Venison 'sausage' from Food & Wine. Can't say I cared for it much... :p

I'm thinking of trying Bison at Cali Grill on this trip. That'd definitely be something new for me!

I have heard that they had Bison there (I have had Bison burgers before), but from the Cali Grill it must be something truly special.

lostpro9het

My questions is what is the most unique or bizarre meal you have had at Disney?
Probably beef tongue at Citricos. It was actually very, very good.

I have heard something about Wild Boar at Jiko, but have yet to try it.
The portion is very small but pretty good.
20150915_203411.jpg

Me 'Earties

Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate
Are you going during Food and Wine festival? They had some interesting things like mussels, lamb chop, fisherman's pie, and the escargot croissant at various booths. It was a couple years ago when I last went but I believe you can use your snacks on the DDP for these little bites.

Other interesting items I've had at restaurants: there is (at least during last visit) a duck with cherries dish at Chefs de France (not sure if it'll be an option on the DDP-just to warn you, CdF has a limited menu when it comes to the DDP). At Boma dinner, they usually have some interesting soups with seafood, or oxtail, etc. They've been all good!

Mickey5150

If you are thinking unique and lamb then I would try Restaurant Marrakesh in Morocco in Epcot. Jiko is definitely another unique restaurant. I have loved both each time I have been there and if you are on dining plan I think Marrakesh is only 1 credit which is nice. Jiko is 2 credits but still worth it. The Harambe Market in Animal Kingdom and Tangierine Cafe in Epcot are unique counter service restaurants that are a little more traditional to appeal to more guests. Any signature restaurant in WDW is gonna have some unique items so you can't go wrong with any of them, and that is what makes WDW so awesome. Change every ride they want as long as they keep coming up with such incredible food I will keep coming back.

Jnorth0728

Original Poster
Are you going during Food and Wine festival? They had some interesting things like mussels, lamb chop, fisherman's pie, and the escargot croissant at various booths. It was a couple years ago when I last went but I believe you can use your snacks on the DDP for these little bites.

Other interesting items I've had at restaurants: there is (at least during last visit) a duck with cherries dish at Chefs de France (not sure if it'll be an option on the DDP-just to warn you, CdF has a limited menu when it comes to the DDP). At Boma dinner, they usually have some interesting soups with seafood, or oxtail, etc. They've been all good!

Unfortunately because I am a teacher in NY, I will probably never get to go to the Food and Wine Festival unless they move it to August! I am not a big fish fan, but I think I would need to try the lamb chop and the escargot (at least once). I will be going to Boma so I will be one the look out for oxtail. Thanks!

Jnorth0728

Original Poster
If you are thinking unique and lamb then I would try Restaurant Marrakesh in Morocco in Epcot. Jiko is definitely another unique restaurant. I have loved both each time I have been there and if you are on dining plan I think Marrakesh is only 1 credit which is nice. Jiko is 2 credits but still worth it. The Harambe Market in Animal Kingdom and Tangierine Cafe in Epcot are unique counter service restaurants that are a little more traditional to appeal to more guests. Any signature restaurant in WDW is gonna have some unique items so you can't go wrong with any of them, and that is what makes WDW so awesome. Change every ride they want as long as they keep coming up with such incredible food I will keep coming back.

We will be eating in Morocco, not sure if we are going TS or QS yet, but I did like the looks of the Chicken and Lamb Shawarma Platter at Tangierine Cafe. My wife isn't going this trip (she is pregnant with twins and we are just too worried about Zika), so I won't be doing Jiko without her, but that is on the list of restaurants for next year. I haven't looked at all the signature restaurants, but you are right, from what I have seen they have the most unique menus. Thanks!

Mickey5150

We will be eating in Morocco, not sure if we are going TS or QS yet, but I did like the looks of the Chicken and Lamb Shawarma Platter at Tangierine Cafe. My wife isn't going this trip (she is pregnant with twins and we are just too worried about Zika), so I won't be doing Jiko without her, but that is on the list of restaurants for next year. I haven't looked at all the signature restaurants, but you are right, from what I have seen they have the most unique menus. Thanks!
Good idea to not be doing Jiko without her, lol. I definitely remember having the lamb shawarma and I think I have had the chicken, but know the lamb is very good. Been to Tangierine a few times and they have always been good.

righttrack

I would say Artist Point or Jikos probably have some of the more unique options. I've not experienced things I thought were very exotic at WDW. We eat international foods of all kinds and even game meats where we live. Wild Boar is pork, Bison is pretty much beef to an untrained palate.

Jnorth0728

Original Poster
I would say Artist Point or Jikos probably have some of the more unique options. I've not experienced things I thought were very exotic at WDW. We eat international foods of all kinds and even game meats where we live. Wild Boar is pork, Bison is pretty much beef to an untrained palate.

I have had elk, antelope, kangaroo, and alligator, none that was prepared by too creative of a hand, I was hoping for exotic and well prepared... I see your close to NYC, I am in upstate NY, were venison is the game meat of choice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom