Mosquito's at the end of Sept?

Figaro

Just wondering if anyone knows how bad the mosquitos are at the end of September? I don't remember having any problems with them in the past, but since West Nile seems to be spreading I want to be prepared. (I know, I am a worrywart! :rolleyes: ) Thanks!

mwitkus

i don't blame you for thinking about this.. i was thinking the same thing about our trip in 2 weeks... not sure what to expect in terms of the mosq. population, but i do plan to wear bug spray and long clothes at night... (assuming that it's not too hot...)

i think i heard a rumor about spraying down there, but i'm really not sure if that is accurate so please don't count on it...

good luck...

Upvote 0

RobFL

Account Suspended
I went to Epcot the other night to watch Illuminations with some friends, and I actually commented that there wasn't a single mosquito to be found.

The only places I've ever seen mosquitos at WDW was on the ferry boats, and strangely enough, they were all just sitting on the walls near the staircases and not biting anyone. There were hundred of them just sitting there, but sitting and not biting.

I've also heard that the various resorts occasionally have mosquito problems, so on your back to your room, cover up but at the parks, I wouldn't worry much. Just wear a simple spray on with DEET along with your suntan lotion.

-Rob

Upvote 0

dreamer

Florida has a terrible mosquito problem, but they spray aggresively. I can never recall seeing mosquitoes at DW, even camping. I'm sure the whole Orlando-Kissimmee area is well-sprayed, especially now. Considering the problem Florida has with the little critters, their reported cases of West Nile are disproportionately low, which I think is do to the state's experience in dealing with the problem.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

I never had a problem with mosquitos at Disney World untill this year. I was bitten about 10 times during my trip. Even though I was bitten I never actually saw any mosquitos.

Upvote 0
We just got back from DW...not a mosquito bite between the four of us. We've been there a lot in September and October. I've often wondered if they spray every night.

Upvote 0

Figaro

Original Poster
Thanks everybody! I just ordered Avon skin so soft....just in case! I figure if I actually buy it and bring it, we won't need it.

Upvote 0
When we were there last August, the mosquitoes were bad two places. Waiting for the bus back to our hotel after Magic Kingdom closed and horrible on the Mark Twain riverboat ride in the evening. We are going in December, so I hope they are dormant by then.:lookaroun

Upvote 0

Michael72688

Originally posted by dreamer
Florida has a terrible mosquito problem, but they spray aggresively. I can never recall seeing mosquitoes at DW, even camping. I'm sure the whole Orlando-Kissimmee area is well-sprayed, especially now. Considering the problem Florida has with the little critters, their reported cases of West Nile are disproportionately low, which I think is do to the state's experience in dealing with the problem.

That is true, but our Mosquito problem is not that bad!:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom