More stupid trip questions

Austin1

hi again everyone I have a few more trip questions (again) thanks in advance for any replies.

1.I have been looking at the weather and it looks like we might have some rain during the trip (oct-14-18) and just wondering what park would be the best for a rainy day we were supposed to go to MK the day it's looking like it might rain but hey you never know maybe my prayers will be answered and we will have a dry trip.

2. we're trying to figure out some ways to save money and I was just wondering will they let me bring bottled water into the park in my back pack?

3. last but not least will they still show illuminations, wishes ,spectro magic, and fantasmic in the rain?

ps. im gonna have faith that it won't rain but im wondering just in case

anyway thanks for any replys and i do have some questions about rehabs but i'll save them for later 7 day and counting :sohappy: : :animwink:

Enderikari

Austin1 said:
1. what park would be the best for a rainy day
2. will they let me bring bottled water into the park in my back pack?

3. last but not least will they still show illuminations, wishes ,spectro magic, and fantasmic in the rain?

The patented Jeff Quick Answer System... Online....
1. Not MK or AK, usually D-MGM (Very little shuts down)
2. yes
3. yes, yes, no, no

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Just wanted to add that not only can you bring in bottled water, but add some small snacks as well. We usually have granola bars, individual bags of peanuts or peanut butter or cheese crackers. As long as you aren't trying to bring in a big lunch you'll be ok. Enjoy your trip. :wave:

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
It would also be a good idea to pick up some cheap poncho's before you go. If I remember correctly, the ones they sell at Disney are like $12 bucks each and are disposable quality....

Upvote 0

Sharon L

Enderikari said:
The patented Jeff Quick Answer System... Online....
1. Not MK or AK, usually D-MGM (Very little shuts down)
2. yes
3. yes, yes, no, no

I thought I had read somewhere that you can see an abbreviated Fantasmic show if it rains because they have to set the fireworks off anyway. I believe they started letting people watch because they were getting complaints from park guests who saw the pyrotechnics going off when it was supposed to be cancelled.

Upvote 0

Austin1

Original Poster
thanks for all the replies!!!

you guys have really helped me out!!!,
actually we did mgm in the rain last year it was still awesome the only thing that they closed was indianna jones.

thanks for all the tips about snacks I under the impression that you couldn't bring ANYTHING thats gonna help out alot

as far as the rain we will just wait and see.

6days :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Enderikari

hakunamatata said:
It would also be a good idea to pick up some cheap poncho's before you go. If I remember correctly, the ones they sell at Disney are like $12 bucks each and are disposable quality....

Wow, I know prices are pretty high at Disney, but 12 bucks for a poncho... Just ONE!!?!?

Actually, the ponchos are like 6.50 for adults, and 6 for kids, unless prices went up without them telling me....

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Enderikari said:
Wow, I know prices are pretty high at Disney, but 12 bucks for a poncho... Just ONE!!?!?

Actually, the ponchos are like 6.50 for adults, and 6 for kids, unless prices went up without them telling me....

maybe the 12 bucks was sticking in my memory because I bought two....

Upvote 0

Jason21783

On the topic of rain:

Two trips ago, June 2002, I went to WDW with my whole family, two sides, at least 12 people. We were there for 8 days and it rained all day, everyday. I was used to it raining a little while, then drying up, but it was ridiculous. It rained at least 6 hours each day. At first, we said screw it, lets keep going. But after a while it weighs on you and we ended up spending the rest of the trip at the hotel, it gift shops, and at the movies. Everyone was so water logged and cold and miserable, we began to hate that place, and hate each other. We were back in the room everydayday by 7 because we were sick of being soaked. Luckily, WDW has redeamed itself for me since then, but I remember it being one of the most miserable trips I've ever taken.

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Jason21783 said:
On the topic of rain:

Two trips ago, June 2002, I went to WDW with my whole family, two sides, at least 12 people. We were there for 8 days and it rained all day, everyday. I was used to it raining a little while, then drying up, but it was ridiculous. It rained at least 6 hours each day. At first, we said screw it, lets keep going. But after a while it weighs on you and we ended up spending the rest of the trip at the hotel, it gift shops, and at the movies. Everyone was so water logged and cold and miserable, we began to hate that place, and hate each other. We were back in the room everydayday by 7 because we were sick of being soaked. Luckily, WDW has redeamed itself for me since then, but I remember it being one of the most miserable trips I've ever taken.

A miserable day at WDW is better than a good day at work.....any day of the week...... :wave:

Upvote 0

RedBaron

Dont let the prospect of rain ruin your trip. I have also been there when it rained all day every day and we just put on our ponchos and kept on going and had a wonderful time. Luckily the rain stopped every evening so the fireworks were not cancelled. I also dont remember the ponchos being anywhere close to $12, but it has been a few years since I have been there. But if you are traveling with small children you may want to get ponchos elswhere that are a different color so you will stick out from the sea of yellow ponchos. Have a great trip. Hopefully we will be able to go next year. :wave:

Upvote 0

Austin1

Original Poster
Rain is not gonna ruin the trip!!!

last year when we were at mgm we bought the rain ponchos and they were $6 a pop better than 12 guess and we still have them :p

hey also while this thread is still going I was gonna ask does anyone know if there will be any visable damage at the parks?

thanks as i said be for 6 looooog days :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Austin1

Original Poster
barnum42 said:
I bought a Disney World poncho on my first visit in 1987, and I was still using on my last visit two weeks ago. At least they last :lol:

we have used ours at least twice since we were at disney so there even great out of the parks especally at those less popular theme parks :lol:

almost only 5days :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Jenngusto

Have a great time even if it rains! Remember, at least you are in WDW where there is something to do all the time, whether it be Disney Quest, shopping, or indoor rides. :wave:

Upvote 0

yse325

Some quick tips for saving money.

If you are driving down bring your own water and snacks. Also bring ponchos from home, not just for price, but all Disney ponchos look the same. It is alot easier to spot your family in non disney ponchos. Also bring spare batteries (for camera, gameboy etc...) lots of film and a small well stocked first aid kit with something for blisters. Trust me, you'll need it.

THe best time and money saving idea is to bring small cereal boxes from home (and paper bowls and spoons). Pick up juice, fruit and milk near Disney and eat breakfast in your room (keep juice and milk in a cooler brought from home). This will easily save a family of 4 nearly $50 per day and give you an extra hour in the parks.

Eat nice late lunches and small dinners.

Also there are some free or low cost souveniers around the parks. For example, if someone on your trip is celebrating a birthday while in Disney, go into the City Hall on Main Street in the MK and ask for a free "Today is my birthday" badge. The CM's and Characters will treat that person amazingly over your visit. In addition, if you are celebrating a birthday and your staying at a Disney Hotel, the hotel will almost always leave a free gift for that person in the room. Also the hotels have free activity books for children.

Also I found the "Passport" & Pin for the World Showcase to be a great deal of fun for $10. At each nation they stamp the passport and inscribe a short note in the native language. There is also free Coke products at the Ice Station in Epcot.

Have a great time. My family will be going in May and I can't wait.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom