More Main St Vehicle Activity?

Scuttle

AWESOME! I hope people are stopping by guest relations and remarking positively on the vehicular traffic on Main Street.

Me to. These are the things that make the MK magical. This is also why I'm very excited about the seven dwarfs mine train. The outdoor sections are going to add so much energy to FL. It'll be cool, especially for a kid to be waiting in the pooh line watching the mine train go around the track and thinking about riding that next.

boufa

Somehow have missed these on every trip to the MK in recent years. Somehow, the vehicles running on a day to day basis is business as usual at Disneyland... nice to the Magic Kingdom might be getting back into the act!

I have never seen them in person. Clearly I need to care less, or get up earlier.

Uncle Lupe

With the horse drawn carriage I would think the heat would also be a factor to the short hours. Is there a cut-off temp to take the animals out of the weather?

pumpkin7

ah good, i'm glad they haven't got rid of them altogether. the horse drawn carriages were cool. without them, main street seems a bit strange.

Clamman73

When I was there last September, I hadn't been to Disney for like 20 yrs...I remember all through the 80s (during the summertime) dodging the bus, firetruck and horses all the time. So last year I was thinking how strange it was that I really didn't see them...

Same thing at Epcot...I was like...wasn't there some double decker bus that used to drive around Showcase???...

coachwnh

In the Parks
Yes
rode the horse drawn trolley and took pictures on the fire truck just 10 days back. dont remember the bus, but they did have two horses going. in all of our trips, this was the first time we used the horse trolley to move along main street. very fun to do!

mm52200

If you enjoy the vehicles so much, then go to Guest Relations or email them saying that they should keep the 2 parades a day schedule, that's how they are able to do it. I personally enjoy Mi Si Ci as do a lot of other people and would hate for it to go. I know people complain that it reduced the vehicles operation hours but if they keep the two day parade schedule then Mi Si Ci's show times will be more accomadating to the vehicles.

mpaul32001

Sadly, we only had two trolleys out at a time for our Double Day Parade test. The regular trolley schedule is now back to normal. The Main Street Vehicles also had a bigger window of opportunity during these Double Day Parades because MiSiCi was pushed back to having one show early, and the other two later in the day. Sadly, that schedule is back to normal as well.

We take the vehicles out as often as we can, but on this very busy schedule of shows on Main Street, it's VERY hard to get them out...

mm52200

Sadly, we only had two trolleys out at a time for our Double Day Parade test. The regular trolley schedule is now back to normal. The Main Street Vehicles also had a bigger window of opportunity during these Double Day Parades because MiSiCi was pushed back to having one show early, and the other two later in the day. Sadly, that schedule is back to normal as well.

We take the vehicles out as often as we can, but on this very busy schedule of shows on Main Street, it's VERY hard to get them out...

Has there been any word on how the test went and if they saw the results they wanted to see?

mpaul32001

Has there been any word on how the test went and if they saw the results they wanted to see?

All I can say is on most days the 12:00 parade viewing didn't even usually start to fill in until the 5 minute parade announcement. Most people I talked to still thought the parade was at 3:00.

mm52200

All I can say is on most days the 12:00 parade viewing didn't even usually start to fill in until the 5 minute parade announcement. Most people I talked to still thought the parade was at 3:00.

Well I was there for two days during the test, and really enjoyed the later showtimes for MiSiCi and DAWM that came as a result of the two parades, and the increased use of the Main Street Vehicles. Is there any reason why they still can't have the Street Party at 10, 5:30, and 7 and just have one parade still?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom