More animals in AK

Dagger

Original Poster
Other than the safari, what are the other places to see real animals in AK? I went for the first time a few weeks ago and it rained so we only spent a half day. I was grateful (but not surprised) that it wasn't just a glorified zoo, but I was actually hoping for more animals. TIA!

eroyee

:wave: Pangani forest trail, Maharajeh Jungle Trek (sp) and Conservation STation, not to mention the backstage tours you can take in AK. Lots of animals. You just gotta look for them!!!:sohappy:

lpet11984

There are a lot of animals around the Oasis too...fish, turtles, frogs, various birds, etc. If you're not sprinting to Everest (like I usually am when I first get to AK), take your time and look around...this is one of my favorite spots in the park!

palmage

If you go to Animal Kingdom Lodge pool you can see all sorts of strange wild life swimming and sunning themselves.:D

Dagger

Original Poster
Thanks, I'll sprint to ME for the FP and then backtrack and look at animals while we wait :lol:

makonyy15

Like stated before, if you have time, slowly explore the oasis because there's a lot there. I found AK to actually be very beautiful in the rain so grab the poncho and explore the Oasis and other areas.

Rob562

Poke around the various little paths that go off from the main walkways. A lot of times you'll find animal viewing areas that go unnoticed by 90% of the Guests.

Some of the most-often missed animals are around the back of the Tree of Life. You can find them in one of two ways:
-When exiting from It's Tough To Be A Bug, turn left as opposed to following the main flow of people to the right.
-Just before crossing the bridge to Africa, take the last path on the right. This is where you'd come out if you followed the above directions.

There's a number of animals here, including the galapagos tortises originally from Discovery Island in Bay Lake. And some views of the Tree of Life from angles that most people don't get to see.

-Rob

GoofyMom2

There are also CM with small boxes containing different animals (I have seen them in the Oasis area in the morning). It's amazing to see guests rush right past them!

Great underwater viewing area right across from Pizzafari entrance, also.

Make sure you take some time to talk to the CM by animal viewing areas, it really is fascinating! Last trip I learned a lot of "inside" info about the Okapi, cheetahs, rhinos and more.

DisneyBuff

One of my favoriate area's is in Asia were you can see the bats. My friends and I spent a good hour there talking to one of the keepers during closing. I was amazing, he even let brought one up for us to pet. Very graceful animals.

Brainiak5

I agree, the Asian bats were fascinating!! It's my favorite are of AK :)

I have found that I enjoy AK the best when I can just soak it in slowly...If you can try to dedicate a day without going on any rides...difficult I know, but it has its own rewards

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom