Moon Knight Disney+ Series

LSLS

Looks interesting.

So, if football is the medium for releasing D+ trailers, could we possibly see other trailers for MCU or SW during the Superbowl?
May line up for a thor trailer? A bit early, but that would be the big one since strange already released.

JAB

So, if football is the medium for releasing D+ trailers, could we possibly see other trailers for MCU or SW during the Superbowl?
I think it had a lot to do with the fact that the game was broadcast on Disney-owned ABC/ESPN.

The SuperBowl is being broadcast on NBC this year, so I wouldn't count on something like this during the SuperBowl. It's certainly not impossible, but it's a lot less likely than Disney using their own platform to promote Disney+/MCU.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Original Poster
I think it had a lot to do with the fact that the game was broadcast on Disney-owned ABC/ESPN.

The SuperBowl is being broadcast on NBC this year, so I wouldn't count on something like this during the SuperBowl. It's certainly not impossible, but it's a lot less likely than Disney using their own platform to promote Disney+/MCU.

Last year, I believe (someone correct me if I am wrong) that the first trailer for the Falcon and the Winter Soldier was released during the superbowl. I believe CBS broadcast the game last year. There is just so many viewers that most major streamers want to release something. But I do recall an article last year that there was fewer purchases from streamers for the 2021 superbowl then there was in 2020 (I am about 60% confident on that...the other 40% says I have it switched).

Super Bowl under the current contract rotates between 3 major networks every year, NBC, CBS, and FOX. FOX in 2020, CBS last year, NBC this year, FOX again next year. ABC gets back into the rotation with the next contract renewal (after this years Super Bowl) and appears to get it again in 2027.

And just like with product commercials, movie trailers are broadcast during the Super Bowl for all sorts of studios no matter what network its on. Is this to say that a Marvel trailer is guaranteed to be shown during this years Super Bowl, no. But I wouldn't be surprised if one was shown such as for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.

JAB

Last year, I believe (someone correct me if I am wrong) that the first trailer for the Falcon and the Winter Soldier was released during the superbowl. I believe CBS broadcast the game last year. There is just so many viewers that most major streamers want to release something. But I do recall an article last year that there was fewer purchases from streamers for the 2021 superbowl then there was in 2020 (I am about 60% confident on that...the other 40% says I have it switched).

Super Bowl under the current contract rotates between 3 major networks every year, NBC, CBS, and FOX. FOX in 2020, CBS last year, NBC this year, FOX again next year. ABC gets back into the rotation with the next contract renewal (after this years Super Bowl) and appears to get it again in 2027.

And just like with product commercials, movie trailers are broadcast during the Super Bowl for all sorts of studios no matter what network its on. Is this to say that a Marvel trailer is guaranteed to be shown during this years Super Bowl, no. But I wouldn't be surprised if one was shown such as for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.
I meant all of the promos and teasers during the game, and the "big, exclusive premiere at halftime" that they were able to do for Moon Knight, not that there wouldn't be any Marvel ads during the SuperBowl.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Original Poster
I meant all of the promos and teasers during the game, and the "big, exclusive premiere at halftime" that they were able to do for Moon Knight, not that there wouldn't be any Marvel ads during the SuperBowl.
Marvel dropped Infinity War and End Game exclusive premiere trailers during those years respective Super Bowls, which again weren't on a Disney owned network.

Just because its not on a Disney owned network doesn't mean there won't be a Marvel exclusive trailer made just for the Super Bowl. As for whether it will debut during Half Time, well that we'll just have to wait and see. But again I wouldn't rule it out just because its not on a Disney owned network. Remember the Super Bowl is one of the most viewed programs of the year. Having so many eyes watching all at one time is something that companies pay for, its a reason why commercials cost so much.

JAB

Marvel dropped Infinity War and End Game exclusive premiere trailers during those years respective Super Bowls, which again weren't on a Disney owned network.

Just because its not on a Disney owned network doesn't mean there won't be a Marvel exclusive trailer made just for the Super Bowl. As for whether it will debut during Half Time, well that we'll just have to wait and see. But again I wouldn't rule it out just because its not on a Disney owned network. Remember the Super Bowl is one of the most viewed programs of the year. Having so many eyes watching all at one time is something that companies pay for, its a reason why commercials cost so much.
You still don't seem to understand what I'm trying to say. I'm talking about pop-ups with the play-by-play announcers reading promos during the whole game, and the trailer being promoted as part of the actual broadcast. I'm not saying Disney won't pay for ad time to premiere a new trailer during the SuperBowl.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Original Poster
You still don't seem to understand what I'm trying to say. I'm talking about pop-ups with the play-by-play announcers reading promos during the whole game, and the trailer being promoted as part of the actual broadcast. I'm not saying Disney won't pay for ad time to premiere a new trailer during the SuperBowl.
I get what you're saying, but I think you missed the original point of the other posters question. The question was whether we could see other trailers during SB for Marvel and SW, and the answer is its very possible. They didn't ask about all the "extras", just if there would be a trailer during the SB. The fact that its not on a Disney owned channel is not paramount to that answer.

Now in regards to your points, yes its very likely there won't be the "extra" promotion that would be part of a Disney owned channel marketing campaign. However money talks, I've seen "extra" promotion for other studios stuff during the SB in years past. So who knows if Disney is willing to pay for that "extra".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom