Monster Inc for TDL

jrriddle

Original Poster
Maybe my conversion is off but isn't that $85 Million in USD?
Can that be right?:eek:
This should be a little more impressive thatn DCA's attraction.

speck76

The Oriental Land Co. today announced a new ride-style attraction opening at Tokyo Disneyland in 2009.

The ride is based on Monsters, Inc., a movie from Pixar Animation Studios. Last week, the Walt Disney Co. announced an agreement to purchase Pixar for $7.4 billion in an all-stock deal aiming to re-establish a tradition of creative and technological innovation that began with founder Walt Disney 80 years ago.

According to a press release from Oriental, guests will be able to participate in a game of hide-and-seek at the Monsters, Inc. building with Boo, Mike, Sulley and other characters from the movie. The attraction will be located in Tomorrowland.

The company also said the Fantasyland attraction Cinderella Castle Mystery Tour will be permanently closed as of April 5. The tour opened in 1986 as a "walk-through" attraction. Plans for the vacated space have not been announced.

Connor002

Has there been any conformation or speculation as to where in Tomorrowland it will be located?
(Keep in mind, I'm not very familiar with TDL's layout...)

jrriddle

Original Poster
Connor002 said:
Has there been any conformation or speculation as to where in Tomorrowland it will be located?
(Keep in mind, I'm not very familiar with TDL's layout...)

According to a lot of other boards it will be where Meet the World used to be.
Just off of Main St towards Tommorwland.
(The rumour about Monsters Inc replacing MTW is an old one)

Madison

jrriddle said:
Maybe my conversion is off but isn't that $85 Million in USD?
Can that be right?:eek:
This should be a little more impressive thatn DCA's attraction.

Remember that Raging Spirits -- a turnkey ride with theming added -- was quoted at US$65M. They pay a lot more for things than we do for some reason. I wonder if WDI invoices OLC a considerably higher price for their services than they do the Disney folks here.

speck76

Madison said:
Remember that Raging Spirits -- a turnkey ride with theming added -- was quoted at US$65M. They pay a lot more for things than we do for some reason. I wonder if WDI invoices OLC a considerably higher price for their services than they do the Disney folks here.
They are in a major earthquake zone, which might have some effect. Also, Japan is a consumer nation, not a producer....so all of the steel and whatnot needs to be imported. Finally....Tokyo is the most expensive place to live in the world.....so I am sure labor costs are quite high.

S.E.A.

I'll be sad to see the castle mystery tour gone. Here's to hoping they replace it with Philharmagic but that's just me.

I'm happy TDL will be getting its first Pixar attraction

imagineer boy

Tomorrowland?!!?!? It has nothing to do with the theme of tomorrowland. That is quite possibly one of the worst places to put it.

As for the Castle tour, yes it is kinda sad to see it go, but it was really dated. Especially with the Black Cauldron theme in it.

jrriddle

Original Poster
S.E.A. said:
I'll be sad to see the castle mystery tour gone. Here's to hoping they replace it with Philharmagic but that's just me.

I'm happy TDL will be getting its first Pixar attraction

Popular opinion says restaurant.
I would like to see them rehab the castle, add some extras and make it look less like WDW's.
I don't know if there is room, but Philharmagic would be pretty cool inside a castle.

jrriddle

Original Poster
imagineer boy said:
Tomorrowland?!!?!? It has nothing to do with the theme of tomorrowland. That is quite possibly one of the worst places to put it.

As for the Castle tour, yes it is kinda sad to see it go, but it was really dated. Especially with the Black Cauldron theme in it.

I kind of disagree with the ride being in Tommorwland.
In my mind I never really considered MTW as part of TL. It was on the border before you got to TL.
Besides if the Hollywood idea is true that whole corridor from Monsters to Space Mountain will become the new land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom