Monorails down this morning at wdw

TrainsOfDisney

Express was down yesterday afternoon when I was headed over to grand. The security guards were confusing everyone at the boat docks telling people where to go. They were pointing everyone to the ferry boat, even those headed to a MK resort.

Goofyernmost

Isn't it amazing how many people just jump to conclusions without even having one spot of knowledge as to why this was happening. I don't know either, but I do know that it is not normal but not that uncommon either. Most of the time it is a safety issue, so I feel that it might be legit.

Disstevefan1

Isn't it amazing how many people just jump to conclusions without even having one spot of knowledge as to why this was happening. I don't know either, but I do know that it is not normal but not that uncommon either. Most of the time it is a safety issue, so I feel that it might be legit.
Its fun to joke about the WDW monorails.

In reality, possibly the safest form of transportation on earth with a proven track record.

Tha Realest

Poor maintenance can cause machines to degrade to a level where they don’t operate safely

Robbiem

Goofyernmost

Poor maintenance can cause machines to degrade to a level where they don’t operate safely
Those machines have not run all these years if they ever had poor maintenance. Should they be replaced? Sure, but this constant insistence that they have degraded due to poor maintenance is without any logical basis. Will they be replaced? Hell no! When they can no longer safely function you will see another set of gondola's that connect on the FutureWorld side of Epcot, extending to MK and from there to DAK. I'll probably be dead by then, but in my opinion, will be the future. Since they do have extensive maintenance they will still be there for a while unless the RCID wannabe shuts them down for some vague imaginary problem ending in "we'll show them". The world is a little different now then it was in 1971. Enjoy and appreciate them while you can.

SingleRider

Premium Member
Just curious, is it a common thing for people to walk to other resort monorail stations around MK closing time? I was there a couple of weeks ago, express line was long so I got in line for the resort monorail to get back to TTC. They prevented anyone from loading on the first monorail that came when I was there and then only filled half of the next monorail. The CM told us it was because "the Contemporary looks like this right now", meaning a long line at CR. I got on the third one that showed up and it didn't appear they were holding any spots on that one.

I can't think of any reason that CR would be that backed up if it weren't for people walking over there to avoid the line at MK.

Goofyernmost

Cr has a pretty large dining crowd with Chef Mickeys, Steakhouse 71, and Cali grill so a crowd isn't unusual.
Plus fireworks viewing. I never take the monorail back to the parking lot. There is practically no waiting on the ferry. I think people see a large group waiting for the monorail and go elsewhere, but there usually isn't much of a wait for the incoming ferry to dock and unload and hundreds of people can ride the boat over, no waiting at all.

Twirlnhurl

Plus fireworks viewing. I never take the monorail back to the parking lot. There is practically no waiting on the ferry. I think people see a large group waiting for the monorail and go elsewhere, but there usually isn't much of a wait for the incoming ferry to dock and unload and hundreds of people can ride the boat over, no waiting at all.
Even with no wait at the ferry, the monorail is often faster at park close. But it has been a while since I've raced.

Goofyernmost

Even with no wait at the ferry, the monorail is often faster at park close. But it has been a while since I've raced.
I heartily disagree, but perhaps you managed to have a lucky timing. At park close there are laterally massive 10 wide lines waiting for a monorail and even if you do get on right away it is like a sardine can. I have taken the resort monorail occasionally and that was quicker most of the time. The ferry is far more pleasant with fresh air in you face and plenty of shoulder room.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom