Monorail

Cruiseketeer

Original Poster
Saw this posted on another site:

last week prior while riding the monorail from epcot to ttc ......about where the accident was....... the monorail would come to a stop and the driver came on the speaker and asked at this time everone please stand and move to the center of the monorail.... less than a min later we moved again right into ttc..
This happen 2x's on different ones.

Is this true? WHY?

tahqa

I've ridden the Epcot to TTC monorail several times in the last month and it has not happened at all for me. I'm not saying it's not happening... but it would be very weird if it were.

Figment632

If this happened it was a pilot acting on his own without permission from Disney.

I rode several times last month and this didn't happen.

chaggy102

Saw this posted on another site:

last week prior while riding the monorail from epcot to ttc ......about where the accident was....... the monorail would come to a stop and the driver came on the speaker and asked at this time everone please stand and move to the center of the monorail.... less than a min later we moved again right into ttc..
This happen 2x's on different ones.

Is this true? WHY?

That would be hard to do because the middle of the monorail there are seats so are they talking about having people stand on the seats or in the crowded isle inbetween the seats?

Oddysey

I have taken that route several times in the past few months and that has never happend. Sounds a little stange anyway.

s8film40

What this sounds like to me is that that particular monorail had a "door alert". This happens when one of the door sensors indicates that the door is open, this often occurs if someone leans on a door pushing the door slightly open just enough to give one of the door sensors a false open indication. It is common for a pilot to use the PA to ask everyone to move away from the doors. This will often solve the problem quickly and is preferable to the door alert bypass procedures, which involve the pilot using the door bypass switches and limit the speed of the train just as the MAPO bypass does.

board57796

As the person above me said, this was a "door alert." And with it occuring on the Epcot beam it could have very well been training (they do it there because we only run 2 trains and they won't get "backed up")

The first step we do when we get a door alert is to spiel to the guests to step away from the doors/into the center of the car, etc.

If the door alert doesn't clear after that, we then have to proceed under "door bypass" (only with Centrals permission) to the next station where we can re-cycle the doors and reset the door alert.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom