Monorail Simulator?

muddyrivers126

Original Poster
I'm an avid monorail person and I was wondering if there is some simulator for the PC where you can drive the monorail. I know there's an addon for Trainz 2004 but it doesn't work for me, so I was wondering if there was anything else.

Tim G

I'm an avid monorail person and I was wondering if there is some simulator for the PC where you can drive the monorail. I know there's an addon for Trainz 2004 but it doesn't work for me, so I was wondering if there was anything else.
Where do you need a simulator for... it only goes forward and backwards... :veryconfu :D

muddyrivers126

Original Poster
I want to simulate the real thing, like driving through the hotels, watching the main panel, honking the air horn, stuff like that.

TheDisneyMagic

Ahh I would love to find something like this, I am going to on my next visit hopefully get lots and lots of video clip from various positions on the monorail and attempt to build a Flash 360 degree ride through.

My good buddy Rob uploaded several Monorail video clips onto his website...not exactly a simulater, but as stated before, you're really only going forwards and backwards...

www.mkt3000.com

go to his videos, there are several there.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
My good buddy Rob uploaded several Monorail video clips onto his website...not exactly a simulater, but as stated before, you're really only going forwards and backwards...

www.mkt3000.com

go to his videos, there are several there.

One time I got luckey and went backwards-forwards! We went from TTC to Epcot "backwards" because they had the switch open and we rode in the front (as in the nose as we were going forward at the time, but if it was operating nomrally it would of been the rear) cab.

Was exciting. :)

One time I got luckey and went backwards-forwards! We went from TTC to Epcot "backwards" because they had the switch open and we rode in the front (as in the nose as we were going forward at the time, but if it was operating nomrally it would of been the rear) cab.

Was exciting. :)

Woooow, I'm jealous.

jdlilfan

Someone has made a whole WDW system for Trainz. You can download it here: http://www.ustrainz.com/products/theme/Disney.php

However there are some bugs on the map. I spent about a week fixing the loops, adding 8 other mono's and schedules, made a more realistic EPCOT loop, fixing textures, and adding the realistic Contemporary that the monorails go through. If you're interested I guess PM me and I can see if I can figure out how to send you the CDP files. I heard on a forum a while back that someone is creating the EPCOT SSE for Trainz layouts!

muddyrivers126

Original Poster
Like I said, the graphics card on my computer isnt OpenGL compatible so I can't open the CDP files to import them into Trainz. I have tried various fixes and none have worked. That's why I'm wondering if there was another simulator. I was thinking since people said well why simulate it since it only goes back and forth?

Well, you could set up a multiplayer session, similar to Flight Simulator, and have people communicate with Monorail Central. In addition, you'd have scheduled runs and there would be a MAPO system and you could have fires and stuff like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom