Monorail Service

MaxsDad

Original Poster
On both Friday and Saturday, the MK closed at 7pm due to NoJ.

I am happy to report that both monorail lines were still running well after 11 pm, 4 hours later. This may be just the case when there is a hard ticket event, but I expected them to stop running at 8 based on what I had heard here.

IlikeDW

Pardon me for my ignorance, but what is NoJ?

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Events/Night-of-Joy.htm

Night of Joy is a contemporary Christian music festival that takes place at Magic Kingdom theme park. It features live performances by Contemporary Christian Music superstars in rock, pop and gospel.

Night of Joy artists will grace several stages around Magic Kingdom theme park. Choose from different musical performances and locations during the festival.

Night of Joy 2011

2011 Headliners

Friday, September 9:
• Newsboys
• Jeremy Camp
• Skillet

Saturday, September 10:
• MercyMe
• TobyMac
• Jars of Clay

MaxsDad

Original Poster
It's a joke of a concert held in Tomorrowland is what it is.

Actually, you are correct in a way you may not realize.

Yes, the castle stage shows are great, but the Tomorrowland stages are a problem. Rockettower and Galaxy stages had no where near enough room for the fans. Matthew West had people standing all the way back to the Buzz lines that couldn't get in to the Galaxy stage area.

PhilharMagician

It's a joke of a concert held in Tomorrowland is what it is.

Just saw Skillet up here in NY a few weeks ago and they rocked it with Five Finger Death Punch, Sick Puppies and Godsmack. If i was anywhere near MK when that was happening I would be there and I am a metalhead!

Biff215

Joke of a concert? Is that what it is today? Back in 2007 they had a few good performers out of many and they brought the house down!

Not sure about some of the negativity, but that is one heck of a lineup if you are into this type of music. If you're not, then you wouldn't be interested. I wish I could have gone this year!

gators11

The real test will be Tuesday to see how they run during MNSSHP and it'll be interesting how late they run Thursday with the conference being held at MK.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
As I've posted before(take note to those who doubted me), Express will shut down at 8pm(1hr after close) on party nights, resort monorail will run until 10:30(1hr after fireworks), and EPCOT will run until 10pm as usual. Watercraft and busses will pickup the rest.

wdwfan22

As of right now on Halloween Party nights monorail service is scheduled to run until 10:30 pm. As always this is subject to change.

Communicore

Ha ha I can't help but laugh at the spiel where the narrator says the monorail has been operating since 1971, and completely modernized in 1991, so now it is 2011 and it is completely regressed I guess!! :lol: I love the monorail though.

BigThunderMatt

Because people paid $45 to get into a party. To hell with the people paying $350+ a night to stay at the monorail resorts.

More like a slim to none percentage of them were staying at a monorail resort and every single one needed transport back to the TTC.

It's a different story on EMH nights when your entire park's attendance is resort guests and a very minute percentage of them are actually staying at a monorail resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom