Monorail E Stop?

wishiwere@wdw

Original Poster
We were heading towards the MK monorail station as orange was leaving on the resort line and heard a rather terrible sound. I honestly think it sounded like the tires skidding along the beam. Hopefully nothing major but regardless, the resort monorail line is currently down. (Sorry for image quality. I didn’t want to stop walking in the crowd)

Attachments

• 6B732BE2-BD81-45C1-B3F2-B9EE0D378389.jpeg
    6B732BE2-BD81-45C1-B3F2-B9EE0D378389.jpeg
    64.2 KB · Views: 140

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

We were heading towards the MK monorail station as orange was leaving on the resort line and heard a rather terrible sound. I honestly think it sounded like the tires skidding along the beam. Hopefully nothing major but regardless, the resort monorail line is currently down. (Sorry for image quality. I didn’t want to stop walking in the crowd)
Heard the Express line was down already... that’s not good.

Monorail_Red

Looks like Monorail Coral

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
This makes sense, considering it is one of the ones that hasn’t got the mechanical/cabin overhaul yet. This one also had a problem last March.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Things off to a good start today.

Love the clickbait headline by DFB. Almost on par with that "other" site.

So to translate the clickbait, no guests were stranded and had to be "evacuated". The system simply discontinued boarding, stoped dispatching trains, and had guests seek alternate means of transportation. The worst thing any guest had to endure was walking back from where they came from to take a waiting bus or watercraft.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

So to translate the clickbait, no guests were stranded and had to be "evacuated". The system simply discontinued boarding, stoped dispatching trains, and had guests seek alternate means of transportation. The worst thing any guest had to endure was walking back from where they came from to take a waiting bus or watercraft.
Quick, notify the DFB. Monorail is UP as of 1pm.

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
Are they moving things around at the Poly? This happened plenty during the GFV construction
If so, there may be some minor unforeseen construction problem with the Poly monorail station. I think if it was planned guests would have heard about it before now (and people would not have been able to get on the monorail today at all).

Raineman

I'm sure that this DFB article was quickly followed by a similarly clickbaity one on ITM that was 99% speculation/sensationalism and 1% truth. Between those two, and the Site That Shall Not Be Named, I'm glad we have WDW Magic.

JoeCamel

This must mean nothing is wrong with monorail if they are back online within the day.
Usually when they have construction trucks or equipment pass close or under the beams they de-energize them. Good to have trains parked in stations and guests absent when they take the beams down..
I saw some large footings under the beams at the poly, if they back a truck up to unload concrete that would be enough to pause operation. Expect it to keep happening.

wishiwere@wdw

Original Poster
Looks like Monorail Coral
You very well could be right. It was a bit crazy at the time so I didn’t want to stop and cause any problems. What struck me was just how violently it stopped. I really feel for those that were onboard; especially if they were standing. And sadly, my first instinct was to duck just in case anything was going to drop off of it. It looked like all was back up and running by the time we were back to the car but still alarming how often this is occurring.

Disone

Things off to a good start today.
So it's a good thing they are food blog and not a monorail blog because clearly they weren't evacuated. They were given other Transportation alternatives.

A train fully stopped at the Grand Floridian station on the express beam side is a quite common occurrence and by quite, and I mean daily.

Also I love the June 2020 picture of the monorail traveling through Epcot which by the way was closed in June of 2020. And the Epcot line is not run since March of 2020. Good reporting.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
So it's a good thing they are food blog and not a monorail blog because clearly they weren't evacuated. They were given other Transportation alternatives.

A train fully stopped at the Grand Floridian station on the express beam side is a quite common occurrence and by quite, and I mean daily.

Also I love the June 2020 picture of the monorail traveling through Epcot which by the way was closed in June of 2020. And the Epcot line is not run since March of 2020. Good reporting.

AJ is THE worst...right up there with the site run by a guy that rhymes with Ron Floorless

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom