Money saving tips

pinkstar15

Im was going to disney with my boyfriend, and another couple but now the other couple may back out :mad: . Im hoping that my boyfriend and i can still afford to go. So what are ur best money saving tips so we can still go? Also do u think we should get rid of the dining plan and just eat at counter service restuarants? we are staying for 3 nights and 4 days if that helps and will be eating cereal in room at asmu. We are college students and have to watch every penny.

k.hunter30

I would say skip the dining plan then. From what I hear it's more food than most can eat anyways. Some married friends of ours go and just do the counter services and bring their own snacks and spend a lot less on money than we will with the dining plan.

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

Also, at the counter service restaurants, ask for a "glass of water", not bottled water with your food. Many of them have lemons at the condiment counter and you can add sugar or sweetener and make your own lemonade, and you'll feel less bloated than with soda. Ask for burgers or other offerings without fries, although that is not shown on the menu, and the price goes down. Beignets at the French Quarter are not the healthiest for breakfast, but they are delicious and cheap!

Upvote 0

coltow

I agree, dump the dining plan you can eat cheaper if you do it on your own and bring snacks from home. We bring granola bars, pretzels and goldfish on ever trip.

Upvote 0

mgraef

When I was in college we used to make cold bean burritos on our treks to DL. Tortilla, can of refrieds, cheese, salsa. Sounds gross but I started doing this after I bummed one from a buddy while I was eating a peanut butter sandwich. Way better than the sandwich.

That said, I bring a loaf of bread and PB and make sandwiches for lunch every few days. Not very exciting but keeps the wallet flush.

mg

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Absolutely dump the dining plan.

Depending on how much you eat, you may be able to share meals, even at counter service. My favorite tip is that at Pecos Bill, a bacon double cheeseburger burger (1/2 pound) costs $1.50 more than a single burger. Seems to me that you two could share that.

A few minutes really looking at the menus and doing some math will help save money. Don't just mindlessly buy the burger/fry combo meal.

So you don't feel totally deprived, go to a sit down, but order wisely. Get an appetizer or two and split the entree and maybe a dessert.

You can put crackers, granola bars, etc in your pockets, backpack, etc. You can also bring in water bottles.

Many people buy the single serving Crystal Light or Kool-aid packets. If you like the taste, you could also bring instant tea.

Upvote 0

LoriMistress

I would skip the dining plan. I would eat at counter service or bring your lunch/snacks with you. I have a huge empty bottled water and fill it with any change, cash (we normally don't carry cash.) In time you'll have extra money for suvineers.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom