Pre-Trip Mommy and Little Man take on the World, Twice

So I've been reading the lurkers come out of the woodwork and thought this may be my time too. I want to start by saying I absolutely love reading all of the trip reports and seeing how people have become friends through this site. My son and I take on the world every summer since we became just the two of us, we are DVC members and it was the best investment I've made so far. So on to the details:

Trip 1: The one he knows about
Who: Me and my son B (7)
When: July 17th - 25th
Where: Animal Kingdom Kidani (7/17 - 7/21) & Polynesian Lake View (7/21 - 7/25)
Why: Because it's Disney

Trip 2: The Star Wars Surprise
Who: Me and B
When: August 27th - 30th
Where: Old Key West
Why: Because I'm trying to be the best mommy ever and Star Wars opens (he's slightly obsessed)

I've never surprised him with Disney before since he has gotten used to going every summer. Any and all help on how to surprise him for the second trip would be greatly appreciated. I've also booked the Halloween Party for the first day of the second trip and am looking for costume ideas. Last year we went as Rey and a Stormtrooper.

DisneyNerd18

Original Poster
Flights, Fast Passes & Dining:

Trip 1:

July 17th:
We leave out of Philly bright and early at 6:00 am, will be in Orlando about 8:30 am
Fast Passes: Star Tours & Toy Story Midway Mania
Dinner: Crystal Palace
Magic Kingdom is open until midnight, we'll see how long we last

July 18th:
Fast Passes: Test Track, Living with the Land and Spaceship Earth
Dinner: Hollywood & Vine with Fantasmic package

July 19th:
Fast Passes: Space Mountain, Buzz and Seven Dwarfs
Dinner: Garden Grill

July 20th:
Lunch: Chef Mickeys
Fast Passes: Indiana Jones, Star Tours and Slinky Dog Dash
Special: Star Wars Dessert Party

July 21st:
Fast Passes: Seven Dwarfs, Jungle Cruise and Pirates of the Caribbean
Dinner: Chef Mickeys

July 22nd:
Breakfast: Ohana
Fast Passes: Flight of Passage, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Kali River Rapids

July 23rd:
Fast Passes: Seven Dwarfs, haunted Mansion and Peter Pan
Lunch: Be Our Guest

July 24th:
Fast Passes: Flight of Passage, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Kali River Rapids
Lunch: Rain Forest Cafe

July 25th:
Fast Passes: Slinky Dog Dash and Star Tours

Trip 2:
August 27th - fly out of Philly 6:00 am - land in Orlando 8:30ish am

August 27th: Halloween Party

August 28th: Lunch - Chef Mickeys

August 29th: Star Wars

August 30th: More Star Wars

Janir

So I've been reading the lurkers come out of the woodwork and thought this may be my time too. I want to start by saying I absolutely love reading all of the trip reports and seeing how people have become friends through this site. My son and I take on the world every summer since we became just the two of us, we are DVC members and it was the best investment I've made so far. So on to the details:

Trip 1: The one he knows about
Who: Me and my son B (7)
When: July 17th - 25th
Where: Animal Kingdom Kidani (7/17 - 7/21) & Polynesian Lake View (7/21 - 7/25)
Why: Because it's Disney

Trip 2: The Star Wars Surprise
Who: Me and B
When: August 27th - 30th
Where: Old Key West
Why: Because I'm trying to be the best mommy ever and Star Wars opens (he's slightly obsessed)

I've never surprised him with Disney before since he has gotten used to going every summer. Any and all help on how to surprise him for the second trip would be greatly appreciated. I've also booked the Halloween Party for the first day of the second trip and am looking for costume ideas. Last year we went as Rey and a Stormtrooper.
Awesome idea! As a way to surprise him, set up on the first trip that Sorry we got here too early for SWGE and we'll have to wait until our "next trip" and reinforce the idea that you only have gone once per year, maybe even make some notes of what can we do next time and make it seem far away. Then when trip time comes Surprise!

DisneyNerd18

Original Poster
Awesome idea! As a way to surprise him, set up on the first trip that Sorry we got here too early for SWGE and we'll have to wait until our "next trip" and reinforce the idea that you only have gone once per year, maybe even make some notes of what can we do next time and make it seem far away. Then when trip time comes Surprise!

That's a great idea!!, Thank you soooo much. I'm trying really hard not to slip up and give the surprise away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom