Modifying Genie+ plans

Michael Reid

Original Poster
Im staying on resort, so I can start my planning at 7am. If I plan on going to the park late Afternoon evening, can I start building my day at 7am, and every 2 hours add another selection to it. So by the time I get to the park, I have like 4-5 things lined up.

I heard of the modify button, so would it just be modifying the times throughout the day to align with our park arrival.

MickeyLuv'r

Im staying on resort, so I can start my planning at 7am. If I plan on going to the park late Afternoon evening, can I start building my day at 7am, and every 2 hours add another selection to it. So by the time I get to the park, I have like 4-5 things lined up.

I heard of the modify button, so would it just be modifying the times throughout the day to align with our park arrival.
Yes. (though again with 2nd pas booked 2 hours after the park opens). This is called stacking passes.

If you have to modify though it can get a little complicated keeping track of all the passes and time windows.

Another caveat is that in summer months, afternoon storms are pretty common. During storms, many attractions suspend operations. This happened to me last summer in MK. Storms arrived around 6:30pm, through roughly 10pm in MK. It has also happened to me in AK.

If this happens, the passes get converted to wild card passes. (any time that day, and can be used on most attractions).

BUT, you can only use them on attractions that are running. We wound up with quite a few any time passes, but few attractions were running.

Off the top of my head (I might be missing some):
MK closures: Barnstormer, Jungle Cruise, Aladdin, BTMRR, (Splash), Dumbo, 7DMT, and Astro.
AK closures: All animal attractions, Kali, Triceratops Spin, and EE.
Epcot Closures: I think just Test Track
HS closures: I think just Slinky.

While it is possible to stack for just the PM, that significantly limits how many passes you can book (because you wait 2 hours between each one). In HS, by mid-day, all the good passes are gone.

Also, come night time, we have often found standby lines to be fairly short for many attractions after 7:30-8pm. Last month, HM was walk-on at 10pm. It was POSTED as having a 45minute wait, but it was walk-on. Most of MK was walk-on, or near walk-on at 9:30pm and later. 7DMT and Space still had waits, but just about everything else was minimal.

Stacking can be useful, but it is a bit more of a gamble than booking/using morning and mid-day return times.

CaptainAmerica

If you have to modify though it can get a little complicated keeping track of all the passes and time windows.
It's a lot easier than it used to be. One of the more recent updates changed the tip board so that it always shows you the exact time when you're eligible to book your next pass. And modifying doesn't reset the two hour clock.

Stacking can be useful, but it is a bit more of a gamble than booking/using morning and mid-day return times.
I agree. Stacking is useful if you can't make it to the park early, but I wouldn't recommend it as "better" than getting to the park early.

We had a ton of success using Genie+ in the morning combined with rope drop and 30 minute early entry, then left the parks after lunch, then stacking return times for the evening.

dreday3

Yes. We just did exactly this and it worked out amazingly well.
As said above, modifying time doesn't reset the 2 hour clock for booking next LL, so you're good.

We had Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Haunted Mansion and Mine Train booked before we even arrived at 5. Then kept adding more.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Also note that you cannot modify your reservation to an attraction at a different park. If you start at Park A and book a LL at Park A but later decide to hop to Park B (nullifying your need for a LL at Park A), the ONLY way to change this is to cancel the LL for the attraction at Park A and book a new reservation at Park B. The biggest issue to this is that canceling a reservation restarts the 120 minute timer.

So, if you book the LL at Park A at 1 PM for later in the afternoon, but then at 2:30 decide you want to park hop to Park B, you need to cancel your Park A LL and rebook a LL at Park B and you couldn't book your NEXT LL at Park B until 4:30 (or when you use that LL)(not 120 mins past your original LL booking at Park A).

It's really only an issue if you are park hopping and are waffling on exactly when you will park hop, but worth considering. Not an issue at all if you are at the same park all day or if you know definitively that you will park hop at 2 or 3 pm (or whenever) and intentionally don't book any LL reservations for Park A after that time.

Ripken10

I know this thread was specifically about WDW, but since people were talking about disneyland I thought I would ask. Is the modify update only in WDW, or do they have the modifiy functionality in disneyland? I can't seem to find anything that talks about modifying in disneyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom