Moderate to Deluxe

spear

Anyone ever heard of getting upgraded from a moderate to a deluxe? I have stayed a WL for 6 years, but this year staying at moderate per our friend’s request. Just a slight hope in the back of my mind that it is a possibility.

Rob562

The only time I've ever heard of things like that happening are when they overbook a resort and have to "walk" Guests to another hotel. Usually this doesn't happen last-minute, as they know weeks ahead of time that they're overbooked.
The most-recent I've read were people being sent emails offering to move them from Pop to a Studio at OKW or SSR for the same price.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

The only time I've ever heard of things like that happening are when they overbook a resort and have to "walk" Guests to another hotel. Usually this doesn't happen last-minute, as they know weeks ahead of time that they're overbooked.
The most-recent I've read were people being sent emails offering to move them from Pop to a Studio at OKW or SSR for the same price.

-Rob

That is awesome. That is a major upgrade...2 categories!!

Honestly, I have never see an upgrade or even heard of one of a category upgrade. I have seen and gotten (one time) a room upgrade within a resort but never a whole category. Apparently it does happen but I have never been privy to such information.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Like others have said it is very, very rare. About the only way it will happen if there is no room at your current resort due to overbooking, rooms going out of service, etc.

That is awesome. That is a major upgrade...2 categories!!

Honestly, I have never see an upgrade or even heard of one of a category upgrade. I have seen and gotten (one time) a room upgrade within a resort but never a whole category. Apparently it does happen but I have never been privy to such information.
This is actually a somewhat common upgrade. It truth it is more of a promotion rather than an free upgrade due to operational needs of the resort. It is a way to get guests into a DVC room and consider purchasing into one of the DVC properties.

Upvote 0
Like others have said it is very, very rare. About the only way it will happen if there is no room at your current resort due to overbooking, rooms going out of service, etc.

This is actually a somewhat common upgrade. It truth it is more of a promotion rather than an free upgrade due to operational needs of the resort. It is a way to get guests into a DVC room and consider purchasing into one of the DVC properties.

I know that when they send these out (have seen them posted for moderates too) they are usually for upgrades to one bedrooms at Saratoga Springs or Old Key West. I'm curious if it's possible if you get one of these to ask to have a 2 bedroom instead. We're a party of two women but neither one of us can take sleeping on a pull out. We both have back issues that won't allow us to sleep on pull out sofas/chairs without us being cripled the next day and being unable to walk.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom