MNSSHP Tickets for 10/31

mighty mouse

Hi all,
I've been reading the posts on this site since 2002 and need some advice. Here is my question. I have tickets for MNSSHP on 10/31 but now cannot attend. Can I return them to Disney for a refund or how can I get rid of the tickets and not be out the money? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

trr313

While I'm sure some experts can chime in here is my only advice. 1. Call Disney and explain your situation or 2. Sell them on ebay and try to get your money back. Hope it all works out for you.

Upvote 0

MissM

Tickets are non-refundable. However, you can try selling them on ebay for face value or see if any members here on the board can use them. It's actually how I went on the 31st last year. The Party was sold out but a member ended up with two extra tickets, so I bought them from him.

Good luck.
-m

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Hi all,
I've been reading the posts on this site since 2002 and need some advice. Here is my question. I have tickets for MNSSHP on 10/31 but now cannot attend. Can I return them to Disney for a refund or how can I get rid of the tickets and not be out the money? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Officially, all Disney Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable, however, please call Walt Disney World Ticket Services at 407-566-4985 (choose option 2 for an existing ticket order) to explain your situation and why you will not be able to attend. In certain cases exceptions to the official policy can be made, and you may be able to exchange dates on your tickets, based on availability.

I would not recommend you attempt to sell your tickets on e-bay or by any other means. The resale of theme park tickets (even at face value) is illegal in the state of Florida. This is true for all Florida theme parks (Disney, Universal, Sea World, etc.)

I also would not recommend anyone attempt to purchase theme park tickets from e-bay or any other third party seller, as you will have no means to verify the validity of these tickets.

Upvote 0

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
I would think for a hard ticket event, especially the Halloween party ON Halloween, Disney would not have a problem doing a return/refund. It's not like they won't be able to sell them.

Has Halloween night sold out yet? I bought our tickets when they came out just to make sure we didn't miss it.

Upvote 0

MissM

The resale of theme park tickets (even at face value) is illegal in the state of Florida. This is true for all Florida theme parks (Disney, Universal, Sea World, etc.)
BULL!

Florida law prohibits the sale of such tickets that have already been used at least once for admission to an attraction. (source: myfloridalegal.com)
You can't resell partially used tickets. You also can't pass yourself off as a broker. But if you happen to have two tickets that you personally can't use you most assuredly do have the right to sell them to someone else. In fact, Florida overturned it's 60 year old law that made it illegal to sell tickets of any kind for more than $1 over face value. It is now legal to sell tickets of any kind for whatever you wish. You are not permitted to sell tickets on the grounds or property of the location (i.e. you can't stand in Disney's parking lot or TTC and try to sell them) but the OP is well within his rights to not be out the money for the tickets. And since Disney's policy is no refunds for tickets, a personal sale is the only real chance of not being out the money for them.
-m

Upvote 0

AMartin767

I'm a little confused by all this. I have tickets for 10/31 but I do not physically have the tickets. It is my understanding that we pick up the tickets when we get to the MK.

How would you sell the tickets anyway? (seeing that you do not physically obtain them until you arrive at the parks).

Upvote 0

blackerbys17

Well, I would try calling Disney first as JPVonDrake said but if that doesn't work, I agree with MissM, it is indeed legal to sell unused theme park tickets and it is indeed legal to sell them for more than face value. Mind you, the 31st hasn't sold out yet but last year when it was sold out (and it will), tickets were selling on Ebay for as much as $250 a piece!:eek: Who knows, you may make a profit! :)

Upvote 0

shari71

I'm a little confused by all this. I have tickets for 10/31 but I do not physically have the tickets. It is my understanding that we pick up the tickets when we get to the MK.

How would you sell the tickets anyway? (seeing that you do not physically obtain them until you arrive at the parks).

I ordered mine for 10/24 in June. They sent them to me about two weeks later. They are currently in my fire safe box waiting to go to Disney. You can order them for pick up and if you order them to close to when you are going to be there, they you have to pick them up.

Upvote 0

AMartin767

I did contact Disney directly and through my confirmation # they assured me that my tickets were ordered. They explained that they are set up to be picked up "Will Call" and that I just have to have my confirmation # and picture ID to pick them up at Guest Services at MK. :p

Odd that I never got the tickets mailed to me though I did order them litterally the first day they went on sale. :kiss:

Upvote 0

jjgoo

I ordered mine for 10/24 in June. They sent them to me about two weeks later. They are currently in my fire safe box waiting to go to Disney. You can order them for pick up and if you order them to close to when you are going to be there, they you have to pick them up.

I know this is off topic, but we are going on the 24th too! We'll be wearing some pimped out bride and groom ears. Say hi if you see us!:wave:

Upvote 0

GoofyMom2

I had a ticket for MVMCP and I had a family thing come up which made me change my dates of my upcoming trip, so I also needed to change my ticket date for the MVMCP. I called guest relations and was told I needed to mail in the ticket I had with a note and they would send me a ticket with the new correct date. When I called, they asked me what date I needed instead and they noted it on my ressie to lock in my date.

BTW, the new ticket came....with the same old date!!! :hammer:
Called services again and the really apologized. Off went the new ticket...still waiting on my ticket with the proper date.... :lol:

Upvote 0

mighty mouse

Original Poster
Thanks to all who responded. I thought I would take JP's advice and explain the situation to Disney as to why I am no longer able to attend. I called and Disney told me No problem, just return the tickets and they would give me a full refund.:sohappy: I did the party last year and had a great time; maybe next year. No Halloween Party but the good news is I'm going to go in December and go to the Christmas party instead.

Upvote 0

kennygman

I did contact Disney directly and through my confirmation # they assured me that my tickets were ordered. They explained that they are set up to be picked up "Will Call" and that I just have to have my confirmation # and picture ID to pick them up at Guest Services at MK. :p

Odd that I never got the tickets mailed to me though I did order them litterally the first day they went on sale. :kiss:

You may have chosen not to pay the extra $3 to have them shipped. Instead you must have chosen the option to will call for no additional fee.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom