MNSSHP news

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew81

Original Poster
This is kind of a bummer-

Jack Skellington, Sally, Hades and Shan Yu will not be appearing at the party this year. The only special meet 'n greet characters will be Gaston and Lotso.

Happy Hallowishes fireworks will also be shortened again. Mix n Mingle will not be receiving any enhancements, new characters etc

For Christmas I would also expect to see a shortened version of Holiday Wishes fireworks and possibly no Castle Dreamlights because of "The Magic, The Memories and You" castle projection show.

jmick71

maybe they can do something like dream lights with the projectors
but they could not be on all night

still would much rather have the snow on the castle though

DonaldDoleWhip

This sounds like a very wise business decision. Since I've never been to MNSSHP, this doesn't affect me, so I'm fine with this cut. People don't have to choose to spend the money on this event if they know that characters and things that once were taken for granted are now cut. Hopefully Disney can find even more things to "change" that will have a minimal effect on the typical guest's experience.

:lookaroun

devoy1701

No Castle Dream Lights this year????????

And is your comment about HalloWishes mean additional cuts or the same abbreviated version that has been playing the past 2 years?

Bummed about the Jack and Sally M&G...

Thanks again Drew. :wave:

ChristianG

I'm fine with the Meet And Greets. But cutting Hallowishes is what upsets me the most. I was okay with the first cut, but they can't cut it a second time. It is the best "seasonal" show over at The Magic Kingdom.

drew81

Original Poster
I hope they have the Dreamlights show. Christmas is still several months away so maybe things will change. That was the info I heard so I thought I would share it.

drew81

Original Poster
The web site still mentions the dream lights...:shrug:

I am hoping they continue with it. They can change their mind on things like this. Let me clarify- I wasn't saying it was definitely going away just that I had heard that it was a possibility.

Nemo14

I am hoping they continue with it. They can change their mind on things like this. Let me clarify- I wasn't saying it was definitely going away just that I had heard that it was a possibility.
I had heard rumors about that too - hope they're not true.

JustInTime

bummed about Jack and Sally.

But I would be shocked if TDO scrapped Dreamlights. It seems more reasonable that they would just stop showing Magic, Memories and You during the Holiday season. Not to mention majority of the merchandise is based on the Dreamlights. However, I wonder if they really are discontinued this if they will ever be back? And if so, would the Imagineers figure out a replacement effect with the new projections? I am sure that an ice effect with the projectors would be cheaper than have a crew spend a month installing the lights. Hmmm. I still thing nothing can top Dreamlights. When I saw them last Christmas, I crossed off one thing on my bucket list.

ChristianG

If they ever do an ice projection on the castle, many people would be disappointed. Nothing can top Dreamlights. I mean, I know they do Budget cuts for a reason, but cutting Hallowishes AND Dreamlights? That's unbelievable.

devoy1701

If they ever do an ice projection on the castle, many people would be disappointed. Nothing can top Dreamlights. I mean, I know they do Budget cuts for a reason, but cutting Hallowishes AND Dreamlights? That's unbelievable.

and Holiday Wishes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom